Wikiposts

Help re EB3 visa

Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help re EB3 visa

Hi,

I'm asking this for a friend who isn't a member of BE, hope that's OK.

My friend has a PD of March 2005 and her case has been complete at the London Embassy since September 2006. She has contacted the Embassy numerous times but has failed to get any helpful info.

Question is......how can someone with a later PD and case completed later than hers now be in the US with a green card?

And if, as the VB states, they are currently processing cases with a PD of October 2002, how is it that I personally know people who are already here with much later PD's?

She was hoping she would have got an interview last July/August when that fiasco was going on, but no.

We just feel something's not right with her case but no-one at the Embassy will explain.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 4:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help re EB3 visa

Originally Posted by coopa_troopa
Hi,

I'm asking this for a friend who isn't a member of BE, hope that's OK.

My friend has a PD of March 2005 and her case has been complete at the London Embassy since September 2006. She has contacted the Embassy numerous times but has failed to get any helpful info.

Question is......how can someone with a later PD and case completed later than hers now be in the US with a green card?

And if, as the VB states, they are currently processing cases with a PD of October 2002, how is it that I personally know people who are already here with much later PD's?

She was hoping she would have got an interview last July/August when that fiasco was going on, but no.

We just feel something's not right with her case but no-one at the Embassy will explain.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.
Maybe help up in Security checks ..maybe no visa available ..
Old Dec 20th 2007, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Maybe help up in Security checks ..maybe no visa available ..
Thanks for the reply Ray. But this is why it's all so confusing.....there WERE visas available in July/August, we know this because many other nurses received their Embassy interview appointments at that time AND their PD's and file completion dates were LATER than my friend's.

As for security checks, her DS230 was filled out and approved after I-140 approval.

I may be wrong but I thought if you'd had notification from USCIS that the status of your case is "case complete" then you are just waiting for Packet 4 and interview.

We know there are no visas available now and acknowledge that she missed the boat last summer, but it's still very confusing to see they are processing cases from 2002. I would have thought with all the visas they issued in July/August, there shouldn't be anyone in the UK with a case at the Embassy so old.

It's just so frustrating when you feel something's not right, or maybe something's been overlooked, but you can't get answers.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 4:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply Ray. But this is why it's all so confusing.....there WERE visas available in July/August, we know this because many other nurses received their Embassy interview appointments at that time AND their PD's and file completion dates were LATER than my friend's.

As for security checks, her DS230 was filled out and approved after I-140 approval.

I may be wrong but I thought if you'd had notification from USCIS that the status of your case is "case complete" then you are just waiting for Packet 4 and interview.

We know there are no visas available now and acknowledge that she missed the boat last summer, but it's still very confusing to see they are processing cases from 2002. I would have thought with all the visas they issued in July/August, there shouldn't be anyone in the UK with a case at the Embassy so old.

It's just so frustrating when you feel something's not right, or maybe something's been overlooked, but you can't get answers.
I believe there were quite a few nurses caught out by this ..a couple on here I seem to have read ... Was the person from the UK ..oe elsewhere ...
Old Dec 20th 2007, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ray
Was the person from the UK ..oe elsewhere ...
She's UK born and bred, never lived anywhere else.

The other nurses we know who got lucky and are here now, they are also UK citizens. So you can see why she feels kinda let down...UK nurses with later completed cases are here and working already.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 5:15 am
Ray

She's UK born and bred, never lived anywhere else.

The other nurses we know who got lucky and are here now, they are also UK citizens. So you can see why she feels kinda let down...UK nurses with later completed cases are here and working already.
Did she use an agency ..or perhaps any Lawyer used might get more info ...
Old Dec 20th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ray
Did she use an agency ..or perhaps any Lawyer used might get more info ...
No, she didn't use an agency, she went direct hire, job waiting for her etc......as for the lawyer (hired by the hospital, so working for them, not her) he just processed all the papers then pretty much left her to it. But in fairness, the lawyer did email the Embassy and got the standard "don't contact us again, we won't discuss it" reply. And as I'm sure you already know, it's impossible to speak to an Embassy official by phone.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

At a guess would say something was missing from her file. I had approval in Aug 06 and got caught up on it. On another website there is another nurse who had a PD of 2005 and she is with an agency and her file has been in London since July 07 and she didn't get an interview. To be honest I can't see anything happening now until after the elections. Although still keeping going with US at the moment we are looking at Canada and hoping to be there in 3-4 months with a temp visa for hubby. I may look at doing CRNE once settled and if we decide to stay in Canada instead of the US. It is frustrating but my understanding the July/Aug fiasco is mainly going to AOS and not CP

A PD of March 05 and file not completed until Sept 06 definitely indicates something was wrong with her file as I know someone that had everything done in 11 months from NCLEX to arriving in 2005

Last edited by Silverdragon102; Dec 20th 2007 at 8:24 am. Reason: add
Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Silverdragon102, yes I tend to agree, seems like something was/is not quite right with her file, although when she phones the "customer service" line (I think it's actually a call centre in Scotland) they tell her the file is complete and she just has to wait in line like everyone else. She asked them if they need anything else from her and they said no.

Ah well, don't suppose there's anything more she can do but wait it out.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Silverdragon102, yes I tend to agree, seems like something was/is not quite right with her file, although when she phones the "customer service" line (I think it's actually a call centre in Scotland) they tell her the file is complete and she just has to wait in line like everyone else. She asked them if they need anything else from her and they said no.

Ah well, don't suppose there's anything more she can do but wait it out.
Will be complete to be in London but I really do bet there was issues with her file before they completed as I can see no reason otherwise for her to wait 18 months for file to complete. Bet her lawyer didn't update her when issues arose.

Unfortunately nothing can be done til things are sorted. Many many nurses are caught up