Reload this Page >

HELP please...USC and UK just married

HELP please...USC and UK just married

Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Craig_E_Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP please...USC and UK just married

HELP...HELP....PLEASE..Just married....

What next?.She is USC and im UK..we are here inthe Uk on the FLR visa so is good for 2 years.We want to end up in the US..but what can anyone suggest?..please help..starting to panic as im reading 4-5 years wait?..

many thanks

Craig
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:58 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP please...USC and UK just married

C,

Wow, nothing like planning ahead to when you'll be taking your next breath.

I suggest looking at the Wiki on this site.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Craig_E_Boy

What next?.She is USC and im UK..we are here inthe Uk on the FLR visa so is good for 2 years.We want to end up in the US..but what can anyone suggest?..please help..starting to panic as im reading 4-5 years wait?..

many thanks

Craig
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks

Craig
Wait...in this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=588766&page=2, last month you were asking about going to Australia.

If you've changed your mind and are looking to go to the USA instead, we will need to know how long the USC has been living in the UK so far?

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Apply for I-130, I-864,I-765, I-485 if I am not mistaken.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Apply for I-130, I-864,I-765, I-485 if I am not mistaken.
Milan, they are in the UK now. Those forms won't work for them.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok Rene
So they have to apply for K1?, or K3?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by milan79
Oh ok Rene
So they have to apply for K1?, or K3?
It depends. If they qualify, they can apply for an Immigrant Visa via DCF. They cannot do a K-1 because they are married. The K-3 is no longer a good visa, the Immigrant Visa is better.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Hello there ...

OK so this is the thing i will be straight up..My new and will be USC wife will ie the knot next month..and stay here in the uk. It was going to happen..so we both thought we love each other and want to be with each other. So we are now here for around 2..maybe a year and half in the UK.. She has been USA since she was born now 26. So she is born and bred USA..I jsut want a life with her!..and tierd of the distance..xxx please help x

CRaig
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:32 am

Hello there ...

OK so this is the thing i will be straight up..My new and will be USC wife will ie the knot next month..and stay here in the uk. It was going to happen..so we both thought we love each other and want to be with each other. So we are now here for around 2..maybe a year and half in the UK.. She has been USA since she was born now 26. So she is born and bred USA..I jsut want a life with her!..and tierd of the distance..xxx please help x

CRaig
Craig, you are all over the place. First you say you just got married, now you say you're getting married next month. Another thread from a month ago says you're looking into moving to Australia, this one says USA. Now this post says you're staying in the UK.

There's nothing to do right now to help you...your short-term goal is to get married and stay in the UK for the next 18 - 24 months.

About a year before you want to move to the USA, if you still want to, come back here and ask how to accomplish that. There is nothing you need to do for that right now.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Hello Rene,

Sorry I dont recall saying going to the land of Oz?..i know i said on the De facto visa. I am sorry i was just trying to keep ahead on everything. As all i want is a smooth ride. We are staying here in the FLR visa. But we are wanting by the time the 2 years is up to move to the usa. I jsut wanted to keep in the visa processing times..as by the time if a visa takes 9 months to process?..we can just apply a year before we go?..thankyou so much for the help..xx

Craig E Boy
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:00 am

Hello Rene,

Sorry I dont recall saying going to the land of Oz?..i know i said on the De facto visa. I am sorry i was just trying to keep ahead on everything. As all i want is a smooth ride. We are staying here in the FLR visa. But we are wanting by the time the 2 years is up to move to the usa. I jsut wanted to keep in the visa processing times..as by the time if a visa takes 9 months to process?..we can just apply a year before we go?..thankyou so much for the help..xx

Craig E Boy
OK, if the USC has been living in the UK for more than 6 months, you guys can qualify to file the I-130 directly in London (called DCF). That process only takes about 4 - 6 months to get your Immigrant Visa in hand.

If you guys do not qualify for DCF (for whatever reason), then the I-130 has to be sent to the USA for filing (the USC can still stay in the UK though). That process takes about 8 - 10 months to get the Immigrant Visa in hand.

So...looks like your first task is to get married. I don't know what an FLR visa is, but just make sure your fiancee has the correct visa for getting married in the UK.

Then, settle back and enjoy married life in the UK, until about 12 months before you plan to make a permanent move to the USA. At THAT time, come on back and we can see what you qualify for. Either method, the Immigrant Visa usually takes under a year to process.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Thankyou soo much...Im sorry if i came off all about the show....im jsut reading so much recently...visa this visa that....i just wanted to keep ahead of things ...lots of love Craig x
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

English is not your first language, is it. Perhaps it might be wise to have your fiancee, so to be wife, ask the questions.

You read as someone who is very disjointed and frightened and confused.

As Rene said, if you are planning to remain the UK for 18 to 24 months, there is northing for you to do in regards to filing for immigration status in the US until one year before you plan to immigrate. The processing time should be between 9 to 12 months.

Hello Rene,

Craig E Boy
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

FLR = further leave to remain
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there ...

CRaig
hi Craig,
Because I know the timing will be important with the UK FLR expiring and your future need to take care of that, I'd recommend that you keep your US visa focus on filing the initial petition in the US, or at least, start your attempt at a London filing early enough.
London has been a bit particular about what constitutes 'genuine residence' and people in your same situation (want to move to the US after a year and a half or so) find that they are not eligible to file in London. You'll want to allow sufficient time for a US-based filing to complete before your (then) wife's FLR needs to be changed to ILR.

Rene, it's good to keep this in mind so that people don't think they 'only' need to put in 6 months of residency in the UK to apply via DCF (London only).

PS: Craig, I don't expect all of that to make sense to you immediately, but hang on and it will make sense soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.