Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP NYCER'S: Where do I file my AOS. EAD & AP in NYC?

Wikiposts

HELP NYCER'S: Where do I file my AOS. EAD & AP in NYC?

Old Dec 14th 2003, 2:54 pm
mudgarb719

Default HELP NYCER'S: Where do I file my AOS. EAD & AP in NYC?

We finally completed the paperwork for all three appications....it seems
from the information from the USCIS website that I maill them each to 26
Federal Plaza, but to 3 different departments. My question is, do I
send them in 3 separate packages or in one?

PLEASE HELP...

Thanks so much

elizabeth

Old Dec 14th 2003, 4:15 pm
Danny Davis

Default Re: HELP NYCER'S: Where do I file my AOS. EAD & AP in NYC?

I sent mine in one to Dallas. Everything went through there fine. sorry but
that is the best I can do

Danny

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > We finally completed the paperwork for all three appications....it seems
    > from the information from the USCIS website that I maill them each to 26
    > Federal Plaza, but to 3 different departments. My question is, do I
    > send them in 3 separate packages or in one?
    > PLEASE HELP...
    > Thanks so much
    > elizabeth

Old Dec 14th 2003, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mudgarb719

PLEASE HELP...

Thanks so much

elizabeth
I sent one package (all AOS forms) to this address, no problem.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
New York District Office
Attention: Section 245
26 Federal Plaza
New York, NY 10278
Old Dec 14th 2003, 10:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

As a former NYC district office user, we mailed, via certified return receipt requested, everything as one package.

Rete

PLEASE HELP...

Thanks so much

elizabeth
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
As a former NYC district office user, we mailed, via certified return receipt requested, everything as one package.

Rete
Oh yes, do send it via Certified Return Receipt - Thanks Rete
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

MelissaS is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent everything in one package and have had no trouble!

PLEASE HELP...

Thanks so much

elizabeth
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Us too... send it all together.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:49 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mud,

If you don't send the 3 applications as 1 package there is a good chance that the EAD and AP will be returned or refused due to lack of knowledge that the AOS was also submitted.

Send them all in 1 package, with a single cover letter listing the contents of the package. Separate checks, however.

Assembly order for the package can be found on the CIS website, although it is well hidden.

Regards, JEff

PLEASE HELP...

Thanks so much

elizabeth
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about

Hi mudgarb719,

Angelus71 and I sent our stuff in one package to the address that mrsm mentioned in her post.

Adiastar
Good Luck to all!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 7:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
mud,

If you don't send the 3 applications as 1 package there is a good chance that the EAD and AP will be returned or refused due to lack of knowledge that the AOS was also submitted.

Send them all in 1 package, with a single cover letter listing the contents of the package. Separate checks, however.

Assembly order for the package can be found on the CIS website, although it is well hidden.

Regards, JEff

Yes, there is a section of the USCIS site that deals with assembly of the package. However, to be contrary, I didn't package mine in that manner. Why? Because each petition/application is going to be separated and sent to a different department. How do I know this? Because of the direct input of posters who have assembled their packages in the manner USCIS suggests only to have the clerk when they filed in person make disparaging remarks and tear out the acco prong and reassemble everything into three neat piles.

So what I did (and it worked for me but you can do it whichever way you are comfortable) is take the I-485 and then place each and every required attachment asked for behind it in the same order and then placed the check on top with the photo in a small white envelope marked Photo. I two hole punched the papers but only because I have ready access to a hole puncher. Then I used a large binder clip to hold it all together.

I went on to do the same with the I-765 and the I-131.

So now you have two choices LOL anything to make your assembly more complicated.

Rete
Old Dec 15th 2003, 7:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

Good suggestion.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rete
Yes, there is a section of the USCIS site that deals with assembly of the package. However, to be contrary, I didn't package mine in that manner. Why? Because each petition/application is going to be separated and sent to a different department. How do I know this? Because of the direct input of posters who have assembled their packages in the manner USCIS suggests only to have the clerk when they filed in person make disparaging remarks and tear out the acco prong and reassemble everything into three neat piles.

So what I did (and it worked for me but you can do it whichever way you are comfortable) is take the I-485 and then place each and every required attachment asked for behind it in the same order and then placed the check on top with the photo in a small white envelope marked Photo. I two hole punched the papers but only because I have ready access to a hole puncher. Then I used a large binder clip to hold it all together.

I went on to do the same with the I-765 and the I-131.

So now you have two choices LOL anything to make your assembly more complicated.

Rete