Wikiposts

Help Needed - URGENT

Old Feb 1st 2004, 11:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Needed - URGENT

Originally posted by csf
That's perfect. Thanks Rete. I have all of my pay stubs and bank statements to prove I can exceed the reqd. threshold.

Alos, I am currently completing the g-325 geographic information forms. Am I correct in thinking I need one for myself and one for my wife? If so, for the one my wife completes, do the questions such as 'Applicants Employment Last Five Years' refer to her or to me? I am assuming it means her, as I am completing my own Bio. form.

Thanks
The information on each form applies to the individual completing it. Your wife's G-325A will contain her information and your G-325A will contain your information. Hers will have her signature and yours your signature. Hers will need her photograph and yours your photograph.

If you need additional space use an attachment sheet. Head it with the number of the question being answered and then add the additional information. On the original form write "see attachment"

Rete
Old Feb 1st 2004, 11:54 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete
The information on each form applies to the individual completing it. Your wife's G-325A will contain her information and your G-325A will contain your information. Hers will have her signature and yours your signature. Hers will need her photograph and yours your photograph.

If you need additional space use an attachment sheet. Head it with the number of the question being answered and then add the additional information. On the original form write "see attachment"

Rete
Thanks Rete. Those are complete

Now, I only have the I-864 to complete. If am supplying my assets to qualify, do we still need to complete the I-864 or do I just complete the I-864a? A little confused about this one.

Also, Rete, what tax details do I need to provide? Are the W2 forms sufficient (these are all I can find for the past 3 years).

Thanks again
Old Feb 1st 2004, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by csf
Thanks Rete. Those are complete

Now, I only have the I-864 to complete. If am supplying my assets to qualify, do we still need to complete the I-864 or do I just complete the I-864a? A little confused about this one.

Also, Rete, what tax details do I need to provide? Are the W2 forms sufficient (these are all I can find for the past 3 years).

Thanks again
I'm not sure on the I-864/A. We did the I-864 (me) and hubby did the A but other people have said you and she do the I-864 as a couple and forget about the A.

You need copies of your filed tax returns as well as the W-2s. Do you have copies of what you submitted to the IRS?

Rete
Old Feb 1st 2004, 12:25 pm
csf
BE Enthusiast

I'm not sure on the I-864/A. We did the I-864 (me) and hubby did the A but other people have said you and she do the I-864 as a couple and forget about the A.

You need copies of your filed tax returns as well as the W-2s. Do you have copies of what you submitted to the IRS?

Rete
Thanks. I'll probably do the same as you guys

For the tax returns, I have quite a bit of info. Let me know if you think the following will be ok (my wife and I married in 2002).

2001:
Wife (then not my wife!) and I filed seperately. She has the info. submitted to the IRS as do I. I have my W2 also, but she doesn't.

2002:
Filed jointly - I have W2 and forms submitted to IRS.

2003: (most recent)
Filed jointly - have W2 and forms submitted to IRS.

Do you think this will be ok Rete? Will the past 3 tax records be ok? (2001-2003)

Also, Rete, any idea what this mean on the I-864? :

D. Determination of Eligibility Based on Income

I am subject to the 125 percent of poverty line requirement for sponsors etc.

There are a number of options here. If I am supplying my own income to sponsor myself (my wife is the US citizen), what do I put in section D?

Thanks!

Thanks

Last edited by csf; Feb 1st 2004 at 12:39 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 3:04 pm
Concierge

Now you made me dig up my old forms to see what we did ;-) I have it in front of me and we marked for E. Determination of Eligibility Based on Income Number 1. We included his income with mine for I-864 but we also completed the I-864 A and had that notarized as well to be on the safe side. Both were accepted at the time of our interview in Manhattan.

Your tax returns seem okay from what I can tell but for the interview, do yourself a favor and get the official tax transcripts from IRS.

Do you have proof that you two have been living together for six months?

Rete

Originally posted by csf
Thanks. I'll probably do the same as you guys

For the tax returns, I have quite a bit of info. Let me know if you think the following will be ok (my wife and I married in 2002).

2001:
Wife (then not my wife!) and I filed seperately. She has the info. submitted to the IRS as do I. I have my W2 also, but she doesn't.

2002:
Filed jointly - I have W2 and forms submitted to IRS.

2003: (most recent)
Filed jointly - have W2 and forms submitted to IRS.

Do you think this will be ok Rete? Will the past 3 tax records be ok? (2001-2003)

Also, Rete, any idea what this mean on the I-864? :

D. Determination of Eligibility Based on Income

I am subject to the 125 percent of poverty line requirement for sponsors etc.

There are a number of options here. If I am supplying my own income to sponsor myself (my wife is the US citizen), what do I put in section D?

Thanks!

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 1:00 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

Now you made me dig up my old forms to see what we did ;-) I have it in front of me and we marked for E. Determination of Eligibility Based on Income Number 1. We included his income with mine for I-864 but we also completed the I-864 A and had that notarized as well to be on the safe side. Both were accepted at the time of our interview in Manhattan.

Your tax returns seem okay from what I can tell but for the interview, do yourself a favor and get the official tax transcripts from IRS.

Do you have proof that you two have been living together for six months?

Rete
lol Sorry Rete! Proof. Hmmm. That's a good question. I'm not actually on the lease for our apartment, but I do have credit card/bank statements going back a year with our address on them. Will this be sufficient? We also have a neighbour who has been living there for over a year whilst I have been there (an old lady who I help carry shopping upstairs!). Could I get some sort of letter from her also?

Any other ideas would be most welcome

Thanks Rete.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 1:45 am
Concierge

Originally posted by csf
lol Sorry Rete! Proof. Hmmm. That's a good question. I'm not actually on the lease for our apartment, but I do have credit card/bank statements going back a year with our address on them. Will this be sufficient? We also have a neighbour who has been living there for over a year whilst I have been there (an old lady who I help carry shopping upstairs!). Could I get some sort of letter from her also?

Any other ideas would be most welcome

Thanks Rete.

Only if needed csf. At the time of filing include a few copies of your past bills circling your address in them and attach to the I-864. At the time of the interview being you are in NYC you will have waited over a year from the date of filing so all that will be moot anyway.

As for the lease issue, get your name on it if and when your wife renews it. If you are in a rent stabilized or rent controlled apartment you won't have that opportunity. You can do what we did at the time of naturalization. We used the housing authorities request for tenancy names as proof that Jim and I were living in the same apartment. We are rent stablized and the management company would not add his name to our lease even when I sent the renewal forms back with both our names and signatures.

Rete
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 2:05 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

Only if needed csf. At the time of filing include a few copies of your past bills circling your address in them and attach to the I-864. At the time of the interview being you are in NYC you will have waited over a year from the date of filing so all that will be moot anyway.

As for the lease issue, get your name on it if and when your wife renews it. If you are in a rent stabilized or rent controlled apartment you won't have that opportunity. You can do what we did at the time of naturalization. We used the housing authorities request for tenancy names as proof that Jim and I were living in the same apartment. We are rent stablized and the management company would not add his name to our lease even when I sent the renewal forms back with both our names and signatures.

Rete
Great, thanks Rete. I have the medical today (and barring any hickups) I ought to get the results back in a day or two. I will then be able to send off my AOS application!

One quick question. Does the 90 day period start from when I actually send out the AOS application, or does it commence from when I get the INS receipt? If the latter, how long does this usually take to come through? If I can get the 90 day count going from mid february, then I will only be out of status for a couple of weeks. Hopefully something they will over look

Of course, I am still considering the H1-B extension lol.

Thanks Rete.

Chris
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:09 am
Concierge

Originally posted by csf
Great, thanks Rete. I have the medical today (and barring any hickups) I ought to get the results back in a day or two. I will then be able to send off my AOS application!

One quick question. Does the 90 day period start from when I actually send out the AOS application, or does it commence from when I get the INS receipt? If the latter, how long does this usually take to come through? If I can get the 90 day count going from mid february, then I will only be out of status for a couple of weeks. Hopefully something they will over look

Of course, I am still considering the H1-B extension lol.

Thanks Rete.

Chris

Time clock starts from date of receipt and/or date of check cashing. Send via a mail that will generate a receipt, i.e. return receipt requested or fedex (signed for).

Rete
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:15 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

Time clock starts from date of receipt and/or date of check cashing. Send via a mail that will generate a receipt, i.e. return receipt requested or fedex (signed for).

Rete
Great. So if I send it overnight delivery, does that mean the clock will start ticking from the next day? I could send it UPS overnight

Also Rete, I'm a little worried about how long it will take to get the results from my medical, as I am anxious to send off the I-693 in the sealed envelope as soon as possible. Is there anything I need to ask for in particular today to expedite this process as much as possible? I spoke to the doctor's receptionist and she told me it would take a couple of days. I don't have any of my UK medical history, so I think I will need all of the injections.

Chris
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:51 am
Concierge

Originally posted by csf
Great. So if I send it overnight delivery, does that mean the clock will start ticking from the next day? I could send it UPS overnight

Also Rete, I'm a little worried about how long it will take to get the results from my medical, as I am anxious to send off the I-693 in the sealed envelope as soon as possible. Is there anything I need to ask for in particular today to expedite this process as much as possible? I spoke to the doctor's receptionist and she told me it would take a couple of days. I don't have any of my UK medical history, so I think I will need all of the injections.

Chris

I feel as if we are having a one on one conversation here. Folks, step in at any point.

Chris, you won't need all the immunizations. They will take into account the country you were born and grew up in and your age. Since the UK is a first world country you have had virtually all the childhood immunizations that are required on the vaccination supplement. You said you downloaded the forms and there is one under my name from a few years back in the archives. You will see the column about age deferment.

This is the paper I stress you get a copy of. I know it will be in the sealed envelope but ask them to make you a copy before they seal the envelope.

Why don't you have your employer do the extension for your H-1B. It is a minimal amount and you might want to offer to pay it for them yourself. Will make your stress level 90 points lower and ensure your in status position for working until the EAD is processed.

Rete
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:59 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

I feel as if we are having a one on one conversation here. Folks, step in at any point.

Chris, you won't need all the immunizations. They will take into account the country you were born and grew up in and your age. Since the UK is a first world country you have had virtually all the childhood immunizations that are required on the vaccination supplement. You said you downloaded the forms and there is one under my name from a few years back in the archives. You will see the column about age deferment.

This is the paper I stress you get a copy of. I know it will be in the sealed envelope but ask them to make you a copy before they seal the envelope.

Why don't you have your employer do the extension for your H-1B. It is a minimal amount and you might want to offer to pay it for them yourself. Will make your stress level 90 points lower and ensure your in status position for working until the EAD is processed.

Rete
Yes, I am certainly considering the H1-B extension also. I will still file the AOS asap, to get the ball rolling, but the extension is certainly a decent back up plan. Do you (or anybody else) know if it is ok to have the 2 filed simultaneously? Also, I will be travelling to the UK in March. If I file for the AOS and H1-B hextension now, will I still be able to travel to the UK? My current H1-B doesn't expire until May 01st.

Thank you so much for all of your advice
Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:54 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

Good news My employer has ageed to extend to extend my H1-B visa. Bad news, I can't leave the country once the original one has expired

Can anybody advise me as to whether I can leave the country once I get my EAD?

Also, what class of EAD will I have if I have to pick it up after 90 days? ie. Is it a temporary one? Will it allow me to work for a different employer?

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris