Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help needed pls! Turkish husbands visa!!

Wikiposts

Help needed pls! Turkish husbands visa!!

Old Dec 11th 2008, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Kelebek-kayra is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Help needed pls! Turkish husbands visa!!

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me?

I'm living over in Turkey with my Husband at the minute..but we are hoping to apply for a visa for him to come & live in England with me.
What's the difference between a spouse visa & a settlment one? Which will we apply for?

Also because i have been living in Turkey for the past 8months i have no money at all (my husband has been supporting us both) So would my parents be able to be my husbands sponsors? Or because i'm his wife...will i have to be? We would be living with my parents untill we can get settled & they have also offered to sponsor him.

& Also i found on another site a template of how my letter of invitation & sponser letters should be written...but they just seem so short & formal. Could anyone please give me some tips on how to write these? It it better to keep each bulletpoint (our marriage, decision to apply ect.) On seperate sheets of paper? So like a page for each point? Or should all be put together in the one letter?

& One last thing...We have noooooooooo idea what my Husband is supposed to write in his letter? Could someone please give me a template of what his letter is supposed to be like.

Thank you sooooooo much in advance

Kayra
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

finks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nice
Default Re: Help needed pls! Turkish husbands visa!!

Hi Kayra
Welcome to the forums
We have just applied for my hubbies spouse visa so would love to give you some pointers.
I think the settlement/spouse visa are the same visa you need to apply for INF4
link here
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoap...swivespartners

Everything is preatty much on the website you need.

Regarding the letters we attached two, a sponser and applicants seperately.
In the applicants letter my husband wrote about our relationship(how we met and the history of our relationship) and that i was willing to sponser him to come to the UK,also that we are travelling together.That we are going to live with my parents and they have invited us.We forgot to put in why we were applying so that might be worth putting in.

In my sponser letter i put in that i was going to sponser him and that i would be responsible for the welfare,maintenance and accomodation whilst in the UK without recourse to public funds.
The recourse to public funds is the main thing they seem to look for,in that you can support yourselves either through one of you working or via sponsership from your parents,without claiming public benefits.I also put in that my parents had invited us to stay,the address where we would be living and that i am actively seeking jobs.

I am not sure about the situation regarding your parents being sponsers but i am sure that someone will be answer that.

Please Personal Message me if you like and i can send you a copy of what we wrote to give you some idea.
If you need to know about what documents to send in i can give you a list of that too,i went abit OTT but wanted to be sure everything was proved.
Also being the way i am i also put everything into a folder all labelled to make it easier for the immigration officer and so easier for us

Regarding funds i rang the High Commission in NZ and they told me they look for $4500(1500 pounds per person) after airfares if you don`t have a secured job.But that is in New Zealand.Plus your situation is slightly different but gives you some idea.

Hope that helps,you will get some great advice on here.

Good luck

Finks
Old Dec 13th 2008, 4:56 am
Just Joined

Kelebek-kayra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Finks...
Thank you so much for your reply.
Ur example letter would be great! But i can't private message you as i havn't yet posted enough on this site. But if u want to private message me your e-mail address...i can give u mine. Thanks very much.
That site is a great help too!

Thanks again

Kayra
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

1Wolfman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, sorry to piggy back your thread but this is the only one that seems to be relevant to my situation.

I am a British man living in Dubai. I got married to an Iranian lady while working in Dubai. We have been together as a couple for 19 months and married for 3 months. If i have to leave and go back to the UK how can i take my wife with me? If i have to leave she will have no right to stay in Dubai as she is on spouse visa. I have a house in the UK to stay (Grandmothers house is empty and no rent to be paid) but i do not want to leave my wife while i look for a job. Her only option would be to go back to Iran and wait which she does not want to do, as we do not want to be separated.
We have savings in the amount of 7000 pounds at the moment and with selling our car and receiving security deposits and final salaries we should have approximately 14000 pounds to take back to the UK when we have to move.

With the global economies the way they are at the moment there is a chance I could lose my job here soon and then all the problems mentioned above come into play. Is there any possibility of getting this process moved along any quicker, I have heard it can take up to 12 weeks to apply for settlement Visa. If things go wrong here we will not have that long to play with as my resident visa cancellation means I would have to return to the UK almost immediately and I do not want to send my wife back to Iran to wait until something gets sorted out.

I would appreciate any help/advice you could give me in this matter and look forward to your response.

Regards

Stuart