Wikiposts

Help needed please!!!!

Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:37 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed please!!!!

Originally Posted by Rete
Phew that is what I thought. When you said you were going for unconditional residency it could have been taken either way by people.

1. You were yet to adjust status and when you did it would be after your 2nd wedding anniversary; or

2. You were a CR and were going to remove conditions.

I was 99.99% sure that you both had already adjusted status.

When you apply for removal (I-751) your daughter is included in your petition. Her conditional status is derived from your status as is her removal.

To make you feel more comfortable with what to do, spend the money required for a consultation with an immigration attorney, even if it is a telephone consultation. Getting the correct information from a person who can confirm the law will help you to sleep better at night.

Good luck to your daughter in getting the <bad language adjective> husband out of her life. Get an order of protection, file for divorce and/or annulment if applicable, and don't be afraid to report any infractions of the order to the police.

Rete
Hi:

Correctamundo!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sal_whit
Hi Duckie

We looked into that but we were told because he is millitary he is the one that has to do that???
Of course he will not do such a thing,He said he will not let her go and she will have a long wait if he has to do anything.
It is Maryland law the she has to be married for a year before she can file for divorce!!!!

Sal
Hi Sal:

A weird thing which the attorney may or may not have mentioned -- The Soldier & Sailors Relief Act of 1940. It makes it hard to get default judgements.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi Sal:

A weird thing which the attorney may or may not have mentioned -- The Soldier & Sailors Relief Act of 1940. It makes it hard to get default judgements.
The Army had already told my Daughter this,That's why we have to wait a year also.I just hope we can get all this over and done with before our removal of conditions.Thank you for your help

Sal
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:02 am
Account Closed

The Army had already told my Daughter this,That's why we have to wait a year also.I just hope we can get all this over and done with before our removal of conditions.Thank you for your help

Sal
Sal:

Again, the removal of conditions has nothing to do with her marital status.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi Sal:

I ran this past Capt. Wilson ;0-)

They have had this problem in the Guard and he says, yes it is true. However, it does not apply in cases where violence is the cause of the divorce. If the daughter has called the police and filed charges, then that the basis needed for the divorce to proceed without having to wait the year under the Relief Act. Perhaps you might want to check that out with the attorney.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

I ran this past Capt. Wilson ;0-)

They have had this problem in the Guard and he says, yes it is true. However, it does not apply in cases where violence is the cause of the divorce. If the daughter has called the police and filed charges, then that the basis needed for the divorce to proceed without having to wait the year under the Relief Act. Perhaps you might want to check that out with the attorney.
Well now here is the problem,She never called the police and filed charges!!!!!! She called his officer in charge!!!!!!As at the time she loved him and didn't want to cause trouble for him ( her words not mine)
It wasn't until she moved back home did she manage to get the one year restraining order on him of which he appeared in court and admitted to abuse.
so now you can see what she is up against.

Sal
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:33 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well now here is the problem,She never called the police and filed charges!!!!!! She called his officer in charge!!!!!!As at the time she loved him and didn't want to cause trouble for him ( her words not mine)
It wasn't until she moved back home did she manage to get the one year restraining order on him of which he appeared in court and admitted to abuse.
so now you can see what she is up against.

Sal
That stinks! Ahhh what fools we are when we are young and in love. God save us from ourselves.

Well the blank blank comes anywhere near her and does anything I hope she calls the police quickly and files charges. Although if it were to happen, my prayers are that she is not hurt.

Rita
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

That stinks! Ahhh what fools we are when we are young and in love. God save us from ourselves.

Well the blank blank comes anywhere near her and does anything I hope she calls the police quickly and files charges. Although if it were to happen, my prayers are that she is not hurt.

Rita
Thanks Rete,Thats been my prayers too. I'd love him just to come here and knock on my Door!!!!!!!!! A 20 year old should never have to go through this,I just keep telling her it can only get better. ( with luck and a lot of prayers )

Sal