Reload this Page >

Help needed to fill AOS form

Wikiposts

Help needed to fill AOS form

Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

colinlieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed to fill AOS form

A couple of questions (you're welcome to just give me links to threads that would answer these questions. I know they exist, but i can't find them... sorry about that)

ANYWAY, on the I-485 Form, they ask for a "Current INS status". For a person who entered the US with a K-1 Visa, would that be "K-1 Fiance(e)"?

They also ask for the I-94#, is that the one that is printed at the top of the form? (that sounds logical, right? But we never know with them... that might be a 11-digit number printed in invisible letters at the bottom of the form...)

Also, about that dirty vaccination supplement, do we need to do that? Suppose the medical examination for the K-1 visa took place about a year ago and everything went fine, is a vaccination supplement still required?

Well, that's it for now. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

M.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help needed to fill AOS form

Originally posted by colinlieu
A couple of questions (you're welcome to just give me links to threads that would answer these questions. I know they exist, but i can't find them... sorry about that)

ANYWAY, on the I-485 Form, they ask for a "Current INS status". For a person who entered the US with a K-1 Visa, would that be "K-1 Fiance(e)"?

They also ask for the I-94#, is that the one that is printed at the top of the form? (that sounds logical, right? But we never know with them... that might be a 11-digit number printed in invisible letters at the bottom of the form...)

Also, about that dirty vaccination supplement, do we need to do that? Suppose the medical examination for the K-1 visa took place about a year ago and everything went fine, is a vaccination supplement still required?

M.
Whatever status the person entered is the "Current INS Status".

I94 is the white form which is given and attached with your passport, when you land and clear customs.

Regarding the vaccination, it is advisable to send all else, they will send you a notice to mail them out within 90 days or so.

You can also get help by either going to BARNES & NOBLES and try to search on US Immigration books. There they have exampleas and explainations of the various INS forms and what needs to be filled.

Hope that helps. Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2004, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Okay, that does not really help. But thank you though, and I mean it. However, if other people could send me some of their answers, i would really appreciate. I really need your help.

M.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

soyonszen is an unknown quantity at this point

Salut,

Hope I’m not too late to answer your questions?
Try this site for example AOS forms:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples OR
http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-485.pdf
Current INS states: K-1 Visa Holder
I-94# is an 11-digit number

For the supplemental vaccination, I’m not sure if it’s needed or not? Maybe you can get a sheet from your doctor stating that you are current with your vaccinations (or make a copy of your 'carnet de vaccination' most medical terms are the similar english/french?).

OR go to www.visajourney.com/forum, Adjustment of Status page, and ask the newsgroup there, someone might be able to help you out?
I’ll be helping my french fiance fill out his AOS forms in a few months.

Bonne chance.

--------------------------
~ Our K-1 Timeline ~
*Paris to Chicago*
NOA1 = 07-24-03 [NSC]
NOA2 = 01-20-04
Packet#3 received from Paris embassy = 02-05-04
Packet#4 received = 03/05/04
Interview Date = 03/16/04
*K-1 visa success
Old Mar 30th 2004, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the quick answer! That helps a lot! I already wrote here to ask about the vaccination supplement, and I'll write on the Visa Journey Forum as well.
Where's your fiance from?

Good luck to you two!

M.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 4:25 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

M.
Hey there

I am sorry about the grinch

Current INS status I would say K1.
The I-94 number is located on the left top of your I-94 card, the numbers are quite big, But like you said.. you never know with the USCIS
If a year have elapsed since you got the medical exam, You will need a new one. As for the vaccination suplement, some people say it is enough with the DS-3025 given to you at the medical.. and others says you need to go to a USCIS certified Dr to get the darn paper.. who knows!!
Good Luck!! Hope that helps!
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:51 am
Greg Johnson

Hypertweeky wrote:
--snip--
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey there
    >
    > I am sorry about the grinch
    >
    > Current INS
    > status I would say K1.
    > The I-94 number is located on the left top of
    > your I-94 card, the numbers are quite big, But like you said.. you
    > never know with the USCIS
    > If a year have elapsed since you got the
    > medical exam, You will need a new one. As for the vaccination suplement,
    > some people say it is enough with the DS-3025 given to you at the
    > medical.. and others says you need to go to a USCIS certified Dr to get
    > the darn paper.. who knows!!
    > Good Luck!! Hope that helps!
    >
    >

We went to a Doctor and had him review the vaccination paper given to
my then fiancee and have him fill out a new vaccination suppliment. It
turned out that she did need a vaccination (DTaP or something).

The Doctor filled out the suppliment, placed it in a SEALED ENVELOPE (do
not open!) and gave us a copy for our records. We inclued the sealed
envelope with our AOS paperwork.

Its better to be safe and go to the Doctor then sorry :^)

-- Greg

Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:57 am
Just Joined

soyonszen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick answer! That helps a lot! I already wrote here to ask about the vaccination supplement, and I'll write on the Visa Journey Forum as well.
Where's your fiance from?
Good luck to you two!
M.

Merci Colinlieu
Mon fiance Francais habite a Lyon, il seras tres bientot a Chicago.