Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help needed - expired PR extension letter and travel

Help needed - expired PR extension letter and travel

Old Feb 15th 2019, 7:22 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help needed - expired PR extension letter and travel

Hi all,

Just need a bit of guidance. Applied to have conditions removed in August 2017. Received an 18 month extension letter which expired 4 days ago.

I may have to fly back to England in the next week or so as my grandma is dying. Phoned to schedule an infopass appointment to get an I551 stamp and am waiting for a call back to arrange that.

Are there any other options available? Some sort of emergency travel document? Or is that just if you've lost your UK passport?

Obviously the world isn't going to end if I can't make it to England, but I'd like to know that I tried every avenue.

TIA.

BunnyGirl
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed - expired PR extension letter and travel

To my knowledge there's no emergency travel document for this. You are obviously free to leave the USA, it's just that you need proof of your PR status in order to return. So you need the I-551 stamp in your passport.

Even of there were an emergency type document, it would probably take just as long to get that as it does for the I-551 stamp.

Rene
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:46 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed - expired PR extension letter and travel

Thanks Rene, that's what I thought. Just needed to make sure - I'd do anything to get there but I'm not leaving the US without the right paperwork to get back in.