help with medical

Old May 20th 2014, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

aminaduwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help with medical

Hi All,

So I have been trying to book in my medical for 2 days now without success, there number is ALWAYS busy. (London number). is there any other way anyone knows of that I can call in to book the medical?

and does it usually take a while for them to book you in? or can you usually be seen quite quickly.

also once this is done do I have to wait for the consulate to receive the medical before sending my form to say that I am ready for interview.

thanks again
Old May 20th 2014, 9:34 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with medical

Originally Posted by aminaduwan
Hi All,

So I have been trying to book in my medical for 2 days now without success, there number is ALWAYS busy. (London number). is there any other way anyone knows of that I can call in to book the medical?
Are you definitely calling the right number? (020 7486 7822) I haven't heard that it's particularly difficult to get through. That's the only way to book the medical so you'll just have to keep trying.

and does it usually take a while for them to book you in? or can you usually be seen quite quickly.
From what I've seen on here people are usually offered an appointment for 1-2 weeks time.

also once this is done do I have to wait for the consulate to receive the medical before sending my form to say that I am ready for interview.
No, you can send in the Notification of Readiness Form before you attend the medical but you need to know the date of your medical as this is asked for on the form.
Old May 20th 2014, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

I finally got through to them and will be going the first week of june.

Apologies for confusion what I was asking is once I have attended the medical can I then submit my readiness form immediately? or to I have to wait until the embassy has received the medical report?

Also do you know how much money one would need in their account to not have to have a sponsor?

Many thanks
Old May 20th 2014, 9:53 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I finally got through to them and will be going the first week of june.

Apologies for confusion what I was asking is once I have attended the medical can I then submit my readiness form immediately? or to I have to wait until the embassy has received the medical report?
As I said above, you don't need to have attended the medical to send in your Notification of Readiness. Now that you have your medical booked you can send in your readiness form now.

Also do you know how much money one would need in their account to not have to have a sponsor?
There is no set $$ amount for the I134, it's down to the ConOff's discretion. However it makes sense to use the I864p guidelines - look up your intended household size and find the 125% column - you'd probably want to show 3x that amount in assets if you want to self sponsor.
Old May 20th 2014, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

ok fantastic thanks for the help. Also if I have lost my letter with my London case number, is there another way of finding out what it is?

Thanks
Old May 20th 2014, 10:42 am
Hoppity hop...

ok fantastic thanks for the help. Also if I have lost my letter with my London case number, is there another way of finding out what it is?

Thanks
Not sure, isn't it on the letter your fiance received from NVC?

How did you book your medical without your case number? I thought they needed this? And didn't you need it to complete your DS160?
Old May 20th 2014, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

I haven't actually completed the DS160 yet, I thought this could be done at any point. I lost the letter right after booking in the medical. I will see if my fiancé has it.
Old May 20th 2014, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

ok so I have my case number. If my medical is booked in for June the 2nd, if I fill out my DS160 now, can I straight away file the form of readiness? If so when can I expect to receive an interview date? is it usually 4-6 weeks from the medical? or from the form of readiness.

Sorry if this all sounds confusing.
Old May 20th 2014, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If my medical is booked in for June the 2nd, if I fill out my DS160 now, can I straight away file the form of readiness?
You can complete the DS-160 at any time. However, if they don't have the results of your medical when you go for an interview, your visa will be delayed until they get the medical. Wouldn't you rather wait until everything is ready?

If so when can I expect to receive an interview date?
You can expect to receive an interview date after they have received all your information. I have no idea why you're in such a hurry to get things done as fast as possible - as though a few days here and there are going to make any sort of significant difference.

It's only confusing because you, yourself, are confused.

Ian
Old May 20th 2014, 12:32 pm
Hoppity hop...

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
However, if they don't have the results of your medical when you go for an interview, your visa will be delayed until they get the medical. Wouldn't you rather wait until everything is ready?
Sorry Ian but it doesn't work this way for K applicants. London won't schedule the interview until they've received the results of the medical, so there's no chance of the visa being delayed.

OP, to avoid any confusion:

1) You must complete the online form DS160 and pay the MRV fee.
2) You must schedule your medical (which you've now done) and submit your online Notification of Readiness Form.
3) You attend your medical in Knightsbridge.
4) London will send you an interview date only once they've received the results of your medical.
Old May 20th 2014, 12:34 pm
Hoppity hop...

ok so I have my case number. If my medical is booked in for June the 2nd, if I fill out my DS160 now, can I straight away file the form of readiness?
Yes.

If so when can I expect to receive an interview date? is it usually 4-6 weeks from the medical? or from the form of readiness.

Your interview will normally be 4-6 weeks after they've received the results of your medical.
Old May 20th 2014, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

thank you Bunnygirl, that's what I wanted to know. I am going away in June so I just wanted to be sure that it would be very unlikely my interview would be booked in for then.
I will now do the DS160 and the form of readiness.

Many thanks for the help.
Old May 20th 2014, 12:53 pm
Hoppity hop...

thank you Bunnygirl, that's what I wanted to know. I am going away in June so I just wanted to be sure that it would be very unlikely my interview would be booked in for then.
I will now do the DS160 and the form of readiness.

Many thanks for the help.
No probs, is there someone who can check your post for you, just in case?
Old May 20th 2014, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am going away in June so I just wanted to be sure that it would be very unlikely my interview would be booked in for then.
But you can't possibly be sure. While 4-6 weeks is usual, it's simply an average. Your interview might be 8 weeks out... or 2 weeks out - there's just no way to know for sure... and all you're doing is hoping that you'll get lucky with the timeline... because, for some unknown reason - you seem to want to get things done as fast as possible... whether that actually helps you or not.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; May 20th 2014 at 3:36 pm.
Old May 21st 2014, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

I want to get there as soon as possible as I also have my best friends wedding. So if I could get there before than great.
I don't actually have someone to check my post, although I'll only be away for 5 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.