Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

help me please ... asked for another interview?

Wikiposts

help me please ... asked for another interview?

Old May 7th 2006, 4:35 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help me please ... asked for another interview?

Originally Posted by janadeen
Ok - I'm going to say it ...

Question - do you think we were all so lacking in knowledge when WE started down this road??

Just a random honest thought gang!
When we began the process of DCF through London there were so many things to consider job, life, smallbusiness. family,health
We knew nothing about the process for immigration and just took one step at a time I knew less than most I'm sure, getting time off work for the last minute medical and visa appointment was stressful enough.

This forum has been brill but if I knew what we may have to face I would have been more worried. I did not even realise that I-751 applied to us had this naive view that we had a wedding with 100 people so course we are really married.
I think that the actual immigration process is only part of the whole thing and when you are dealing with everything else you just hope for the best. Its only when you look back that you realise what a serious process it is. I never believed I was gonna be here till Immigraion stamped my passport and I'm still waiting for my green card.
Old May 7th 2006, 5:00 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
We need a poll.

Barge or Diebold?
Old May 8th 2006, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

"Its only when you look back that you realise what a serious process it is."

Brad - serious question here - am not trying to be sarcastic ... when you were in the middle or early stages of the process, at the start of taking on a new spouse, taking on a new country, new job, immigration steps, etc, are you saying you didn't think the process was serious ... didn't realize that it required as much organization, attention, self edification, research and study as you could possibly do??

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
When we began the process of DCF through London there were so many things to consider job, life, smallbusiness. family,health
We knew nothing about the process for immigration and just took one step at a time I knew less than most I'm sure, getting time off work for the last minute medical and visa appointment was stressful enough.

This forum has been brill but if I knew what we may have to face I would have been more worried. I did not even realise that I-751 applied to us had this naive view that we had a wedding with 100 people so course we are really married.
I think that the actual immigration process is only part of the whole thing and when you are dealing with everything else you just hope for the best. Its only when you look back that you realise what a serious process it is. I never believed I was gonna be here till Immigraion stamped my passport and I'm still waiting for my green card.
Old May 8th 2006, 1:13 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janadeen
"Its only when you look back that you realise what a serious process it is."

Brad - serious question here - am not trying to be sarcastic ... when you were in the middle or early stages of the process, at the start of taking on a new spouse, taking on a new country, new job, immigration steps, etc, are you saying you didn't think the process was serious ... didn't realize that it required as much organization, attention, self edification, research and study as you could possibly do??
I know what you are saying.
What I was trying to say was everything was so big that the actual immigration process seemed just like the paperwork among all the life changing stuff. i f I looked too far ahead it was scary so I focussed on what electrical appliances to bring and worrying about who would do my roots! (Hey you don't want new OH to know you are grey just yet!)

Now I see that the 'paperwork' is the crux of the matter but giving up my job I'd had for years, dealing with seeing as much as my family as possible, organising finances, pensions etc, they all seemed more important. Not till I started reading here did I realise the potential for things to go wrong I'm almost glad I didnt know. I did an enormous amount of planning but still realise how little I knew about the process. I am still taking things one step at a time guess its my way of coping
Old May 8th 2006, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Another fake post with the usual suspects responding.