Wikiposts

help with k3 visa

Old Jan 22nd 2002, 5:27 pm
Karen

MY husband had his interview for the k3 visa yesterday and they interrogated him all
day. 5 different people, all indians, asked questions and told him he'd need more
evidence as to the bona fides. I sent in everything possible that they wanted and
also maybe a little more. They say they want to see more emails from me? I think this
is a case of discrimination because i'm white and he's indian(muslim), and i'm also
older by 10 years. (i'm 38, he's 27) Can any lawyer on this site please help me? I'm
so upset by all this i don't know what to do. Is this a form of denying the visa or
what? They told him to come back in May but i'm wondering why so far off if he can
bring in the evidence next week?? They're giving indian people k3 visas that have met
their spouses online, so all i can think is this is discrimination. Please help...i'm
so upset! thank you!

Old Jan 22nd 2002, 9:33 pm
Alvena Ferreira

karen wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

If you need an attorney, then you should contact someone locally in your area. I
don't think that we have any attorneys posting here right now that I am aware of.
This is known to be a "hard" consulate under the best of circumstances. Certainly,
the religious and age discrepancies may have an impact at hard consulates, possibly.
You may also want to consider the possibility that the consulate knows things about
him that you do not know. I suggest that you file a freedom of information request
to the consulate to see if there are "unknown" facts in your situation. See an
attorney. Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 1:20 am
Karen

I contacted a senator's assistant in my state and she seemed very helpful. she said
she was going to fax them a letter today asking for the reason of the denial. hope
somehow this works because i'm just not thinking straight right now. do you have any
idea how much it would cost me to get an immigration attorney to look into this? what
about him going to the consulate with more info if that's what they need? he doesn't
have to wait til may does he? thank you!