Help With k1 application

Wikiposts

Help With k1 application

Old Jun 14th 2010, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

nffc191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help With k1 application

Good Afternoon All

Thursday afternoon i received a "street" caution from a police officer as i was in possession of some cannabis. The officer/s involved didnt ask me my personal details but checked my wallet and radio contacted colleagues probably to find out if i had other cautions related im not sure.

I did not have to sign anything, i was not arrested but the officer said it would be a caution & go on record?. This made me worry as towards the end of the year i intend to emigrate to the USA and of course this may well be a problem.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 4:47 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help With k1 application

Originally Posted by nffc191
Thursday afternoon i received a "street" caution from a police officer as i was in possession of some cannabis.
If you accepted the caution, you effectively admitted your guilt. There has been much discussion lately regarding whether or not a UK caution is considered a conviction for US immigration purposes. I believe the majority leans towards "no" but, IMHO, the jury is still out on that one. If it was less than 30g I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it was more than that, you have a very serious uphill climb. On the US' list of huge no-no's that lead to visa denials, drug use is #1.

Edit to add: Regardless, when the time comes, you must declare the incident. It'll be far worse if you attempt to deny or minimize it and get caught.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jun 14th 2010 at 4:52 am.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

nffc191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help With k1 application

Hi Ian

Yes it was around 5-7g i had forgotten it was in my bag, my mistake not a regular user by any means, no other convictions just this caution.