HELP WITH K1

Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:17 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP WITH K1

Originally Posted by gstring
Thank you.

We are getting close to getting it all together as we speak and it's all very exciting.

I'm also glad that I have kept every E-mail we have sent to each other. Good fun reading though them all, however, not so easy to choose which ones to send!!! LOL!

I have most of my boarding cards, which I have scanned. I knew there was a reason for keeping those too.

My mind is still fried though!

At this stage you're not looking to proove a relationship, just an intent to marry and that you have met in person within the last 2 years. Don't flood the application with evidence such as emails and cards, as these don't prove any of the requirements.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight
At this stage you're not looking to proove a relationship, just an intent to marry and that you have met in person within the last 2 years. Don't flood the application with evidence such as emails and cards, as these don't prove any of the requirements.
I agree with this. But I have to say when I first started out, I used an attorney to file the I-129F. She suggested including a few phone bills and correspondence (I only had a few handwritten letters and cards, as we didn't do email). She thought it was a good idea to show an ongoing relationship. So although I don't think it's required, it might not hurt to include just a few recent things, such as my attorney suggested.

Rene
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:11 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Assuming your emails to each other are of a personal nature, you really don't need to send those. USCIS is not looking to troll through personal conversations. Just stick to photos of the two of you together, passport stamps and boarding passes. We also included a letter stating the circumstances of how we met (i.e. I was living in Scotland as a student and we met via the internet). And don't forget that both of need to submit a signed Letter of Intent.

Oh, and we also included letters from my folks that they had met him, and one from his folks that they had met me. We included this as basically proof that our relationship could be confirmed by others besides ouselves.

Good luck!
A signed letter of intent? I wasn't told about that.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:30 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
A signed letter of intent? I wasn't told about that.
It's listed on the instructions for filling out an I-129F on the USCIS website:

"Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent;"
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:38 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight
It's listed on the instructions for filling out an I-129F on the USCIS website:

"Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent;"
Sorry I was thinking of for the visa interview. Our I129 was approved. Thanks