HELP WITH K1

Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute
Default HELP WITH K1

Hello

We are filing our K1 this weekend! Yipee!

I just wanted to clarify that it's only the I-129F that we send off now?

Any tips or hints are welcome

Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP WITH K1

Originally Posted by gstring
Hello

I-129F
G-325A for the USC
G-325A for the alien
USC proof of citizenship
Proof of meeting once in past 2 years
Proof of dissolution of previous marriage(s)
passport-style photos
Letter of intent from each of you
Check for fee

Double check the I-129F instructions to see if anything is missing....

Rene
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene!

So we both have to fill in a G-325A?

Proof of meeting - what do you suggest?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene!

So we both have to fill in a G-325A?

Proof of meeting - what do you suggest?
Yes, you each need to do an original G-325A, as far as I recall.

Proof of meeting - anything that proves you saw each other in person within the past 2 years. We used photos of us together, copies of pages from my passport showing I visited him in his country, and copies of boarding passes showing the dates of my flights.

Rene
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much Rene!

My brain is fried already from reading so much.

The photocopier is going to be busy this weekend!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:02 am

Thank you so much Rene!

My brain is fried already from reading so much.

The photocopier is going to be busy this weekend!
Yes indeed! Make sure you keep a copy of everything for your own records, too.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Follow the flowchart
http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...1flowchart.php
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:31 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Also feel free to check out our wiki article - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1

It lists what you need to apply for a K1 visa, and things to consider for later in the immigration process.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry in advance!

I'm confused as to how many copies of the G-325A we send off. It says send all copies. Who does? Do we both send 4 copies?

Thanks guys
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:07 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry in advance!

I'm confused as to how many copies of the G-325A we send off. It says send all copies. Who does? Do we both send 4 copies?

Thanks guys

The G-325A is made up of 4 sheets which are almost identical, apart from the letter in the bottom left of the form. When asked for form G-325a in connection with an I-129F petition, you submit the whole form for each person (i.e. all 4 sheets for each person).
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Knight.

I can see those small details now!

Thank you again.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes indeed! Make sure you keep a copy of everything for your own records, too.

Also remember to NOT send the originals ... you retain those and send only copies of the originals. Be sure that all marks are clearly visible.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Rete
Also remember to NOT send the originals ... you retain those and send only copies of the originals. Be sure that all marks are clearly visible.
The forms themselves should be the originals. Backup & evidence should be photocopies.

Keep a photocopy of everything for your own records, including forms, backup, evidence, proof of mailing, etc.

Rene
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The forms themselves should be the originals. Backup & evidence should be photocopies.

Keep a photocopy of everything for your own records, including forms, backup, evidence, proof of mailing, etc.

Rene
Thank you.

We are getting close to getting it all together as we speak and it's all very exciting.

I'm also glad that I have kept every E-mail we have sent to each other. Good fun reading though them all, however, not so easy to choose which ones to send!!! LOL!

I have most of my boarding cards, which I have scanned. I knew there was a reason for keeping those too.

My mind is still fried though!

Last edited by gstring; Apr 21st 2008 at 3:39 am.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

We are getting close to getting it all together as we speak and it's all very exciting.

I'm also glad that I have kept every E-mail we have sent to each other. Good fun reading though them all, however, not so easy to choose which ones to send!!! LOL!

I have most of my boarding cards, which I have scanned. I knew there was a reason for keeping those too.

My mind is still fried though!
Assuming your emails to each other are of a personal nature, you really don't need to send those. USCIS is not looking to troll through personal conversations. Just stick to photos of the two of you together, passport stamps and boarding passes. We also included a letter stating the circumstances of how we met (i.e. I was living in Scotland as a student and we met via the internet). And don't forget that both of need to submit a signed Letter of Intent.

Oh, and we also included letters from my folks that they had met him, and one from his folks that they had met me. We included this as basically proof that our relationship could be confirmed by others besides ouselves.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.