Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! I need your advice!! urgent!

Wikiposts

Help! I need your advice!! urgent!

Old May 13th 2008, 8:41 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! I need your advice!! urgent!

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well, he's not finished yet. Hardly your best example.
I am.
Old May 13th 2008, 8:42 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I am.
There you go! No finer example.
Old May 13th 2008, 8:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seejune
Thanks Rene and everyone who contributed. This is really useful. yes I could get married sooner and get my husband to be to file an I-130. I didnt think it would take this long. so after the wedding I need to return to UK and process the visa, right? my heart has just sank, why is it so hard? is there any other easier way, legal way, of course?
Not really. You have two legal ways right now.

1. K-1 Fiance visa: Have him file an I-129F, in about 8 to 10 months you get a Fiance visa, and can come to the USA. You guys must marry within 90 days of that date.

2. Spouse Immigrant Visa. Get married first, then have him file an I-130, in about 8 to 10 months after that you can come to the USA to live and work permanently.

You are allowed to come visit during the processing of either of the above two visas.

Rene
Old May 13th 2008, 8:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I just had a flashback before Manc turned up.. deja vu ahead of time.

Well, I'm not in the mood to argue today; I think you guys think it's some kind of challenge with me. Rete's on a ship, I'm not in the mood, Rene will still be nice to you.. do your thing.
Old May 13th 2008, 8:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm not in the mood to argue today; I think you guys think it's some kind of challenge with me. Rete's on a ship, I'm not in the mood, Rene will still be nice to you.. do your thing.
As far as I am concerned, the OP can read everything on this thread and make her own decision. I still think she should have a 1-time consultation with an attorney to get first-hand legal advice.

Rene
Old May 13th 2008, 8:50 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I can't be bothered either.

but I am not a criminal.
Old May 13th 2008, 8:52 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I just think we shouldn't ignore one, very common method of doing it. I wouldn't have posted anything until Rene, out of the blue, mentioned it was illegal -- that's a red rag to a bull with me! But I agree with you guys, generally.
Old May 13th 2008, 8:54 am
Just Joined

seejune is an unknown quantity at this point

hello meauxna, thanks for your reply. whats the express route? marry first then I-I30? How long did it take altogether?

Rene, thanks a bunch for the 2 options, I will tell my boyfriend and I now can think of more realistic times. Guess I need to postpone the wedding, huh?! Probably best option is the second option; marry first then file for I-I30. I would love to work in the states and live permanently. I must be patient!
Old May 13th 2008, 8:58 am

hello meauxna, thanks for your reply. whats the express route? marry first then I-I30? How long did it take altogether?
There is no express route, unfortunately. If you want the quickest of the two routes, probably the K-1 fiance visa is quicker right now, because he can file the I-129F as soon as he has all the necessary documents.

Guess I need to postpone the wedding, huh?!
Well, that depends on which route you take, I guess.

Probably best option is the second option; marry first then file for I-I30. I would love to work in the states and live permanently. I must be patient!
The second option (marry first, then do a spouse visa), will be longer for you right now because he can't file the I-130 until you are married. You have to add on a few months until you are married, before you can start the immigration process.

Both the fiance and the spouse visas allow you to eventually come to live and work in the USA permanently. They are just two different routes to the same result.

Rene
Old May 13th 2008, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I just think we shouldn't ignore one, very common method of doing it. I wouldn't have posted anything until Rene, out of the blue, mentioned it was illegal -- that's a red rag to a bull with me! But I agree with you guys, generally.
I could just tell that was going to be her next question, since she was all about the quickest, easiest route. Just trying to cut off the questions ahead of time.

Rene
Old May 13th 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

If i get an attorney, is it best to get one here in UK, or get my boyfriend, he's in US to get an attorney there? Rene you sound like an expert in this? you are good!
Old May 13th 2008, 9:06 am

If i get an attorney, is it best to get one here in UK, or get my boyfriend, he's in US to get an attorney there? Rene you sound like an expert in this? you are good!
I'm no expert, and I'm not an attorney. My fiance and I did the K-1 fiance visa back in 2003, and I spend a lot of time reading other people's cases and scenarios on here.

You don't have to hire the attorney, just have a consultation. My guess is that it will be easier for your boyfriend to do it, but maybe you can all be on the phone together, that would be best, so you both hear and understand the same things.

Rene
Old May 13th 2008, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Thats a good idea Rene. Thats what i will do, research on this. I will tell my boyfriend to seek a consultation's advice. Thats great! Im not so lost now.
Old May 13th 2008, 9:13 am
Septicity

Thats a good idea Rene. Thats what i will do, research on this. I will tell my boyfriend to seek a consultation's advice. Thats great! Im not so lost now.
Here you go....

http://www.fongandchun.com/
Old May 13th 2008, 9:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
heh.. be sure to include the link to this thread in the consultation box!

Nice site, F&C!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.