Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help!! I-864 Question - Urgent

Help!! I-864 Question - Urgent

Old Feb 7th 2004, 5:14 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!! I-864 Question - Urgent

mickey,

I don't know what the "Poverty Guidlines Sheet" you received in your Packet #4 looks like, but if you look at Form I-864p on the USCIS web site it is very clear what number you should use.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by mickey79
Sunil,

With the packet 4.. i got the Poverty Guidelines Sheet.. now that says for a Household size of 2 it is $15,150.
Now they keep saying "125 Percent of" .. this gets a bit confusing. The figures they have given in this Sheet we got in Packet 4 are the FINAL figures? Or you have to calculate 125 % of the figure? That is.. do i have to calculate 125 % of $15,150 or $15,150 is the total figure required?

Secondly, if you look at the I-864 Form.. Part 4. .. D.3 ...
"Minimum income requirement from the Poverty Guidelines chart for the year of ....... is $ ......... for this household size."

So if the household size is 2... the figure you would mention would be "is $15,150"? Or something else?

It's just a bit confusing whether there is a difference between "Percentage of" & "Minimum Income Requirement".

Help really appreciated.

Thanks a ton,
Mickey79
Old Feb 7th 2004, 5:16 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

roger,

Bad information.

$15,150 is 125% of the poverty level (for a household of 2), this is the target that has to be met.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
You have to calculate 125% of $15,150 so the total shown on the W2 needs to be approx $19,060
Old Feb 7th 2004, 5:58 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickey79
Hey Hypertweeky,

I took the DCF route in New Delhi, applying for the Spouse Visa. Have the interview on 19th... cant wait to be back in US with wife.

Stay great,
Mickey79
Thanks for the info!!
I wish you and your wife nothing but the best!!
DCF rocks!!!
Take care!