Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help-I-130 filing, Wife in India

Help-I-130 filing, Wife in India

Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Help-I-130 filing, Wife in India

I need help to file I-130 for my wife. Consular Immigrant Visa Processing
Background: I got GC 6years back and it is employment based GC.
I belong to India and got married in India to lady who had married in past and has two children of age 8 and 10. Her former husband died in accident and she was widow when I got married to her 10 months back and at the time of marriage I was GC holder. I did not file any petition for her or Kids as I was wafting for my US citizenship.
In May 2009 I got my US Citizenship.
My wife and my two step children are staying in India.

I want to file I-130 for my wife and the two children.
My questions:
I came to know that I need to file three I-130 petitions.
One I-130 for wife
One I-130 for child 1
One I-130 for child 2
Is that correct?
I have to send My G325 (4pages) with my wife I-130
My wife has to fill her G325 (4 pages) that will be sent with I-130 that is filed for her.

On the form G325A lower Left side it is written” this form is submitted in connection with an application for”
NATRALIZATION
STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT
OTHER (Specify)
One has to tick mark and I will TICK “Other” and then write I-130
What my Wife should write or tick on her form G325A?
Do I also need to send my G325A and my wife G325A with Children (age 8and10) I-130 petition?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:04 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help-I-130 filing, Wife in India

Correct, you need three I-130's and tick STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT on the G325's.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:33 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

M,

You are correct on the number of I-130s.

There is a new G-325A, it's now a 1-part form rather than 4 parts. Nobody quite knows what to make of that yet.

The G-325A by your wife is going along with your G-325A, and they're going for the same purpose are they not? Because the I-130 instructions asks for them when filing for a spouse.

Read the I-130 instructions for filing for a child or stepchild to see what documentation is required for that use of I-130.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Manish
I need help to file I-130 for my wife. Consular Immigrant Visa Processing
Background: I got GC 6years back and it is employment based GC.
I belong to India and got married in India to lady who had married in past and has two children of age 8 and 10. Her former husband died in accident and she was widow when I got married to her 10 months back and at the time of marriage I was GC holder. I did not file any petition for her or Kids as I was wafting for my US citizenship.
In May 2009 I got my US Citizenship.
My wife and my two step children are staying in India.

I want to file I-130 for my wife and the two children.
My questions:
I came to know that I need to file three I-130 petitions.
One I-130 for wife
One I-130 for child 1
One I-130 for child 2
Is that correct?
I have to send My G325 (4pages) with my wife I-130
My wife has to fill her G325 (4 pages) that will be sent with I-130 that is filed for her.

On the form G325A lower Left side it is written” this form is submitted in connection with an application for”
NATRALIZATION
STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT
OTHER (Specify)
One has to tick mark and I will TICK “Other” and then write I-130
What my Wife should write or tick on her form G325A?
Do I also need to send my G325A and my wife G325A with Children (age 8and10) I-130 petition?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jul 30th 2009 at 8:35 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice

Originally Posted by dreamercon
Correct, you need three I-130's and tick STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT on the G325's.
Are you sure that I need to tick STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT on My
G325A? I am filing the G325A with I-130 Petition.

May be my wife need to Tick as STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure that I need to tick STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT on My
G325A? I am filing the G325A with I-130 Petition.

May be my wife need to Tick as STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT
It won't matter much on the G-325A. You can tick "Other" for both of them and write I-130 in there.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
M,

You are correct on the number of I-130s.

There is a new G-325A, it's now a 1-part form rather than 4 parts. Nobody quite knows what to make of that yet.

The G-325A by your wife is going along with your G-325A, and they're going for the same purpose are they not?
---------------------------------- I am filing I-130 Petition and somebody informed me that as I am the Petitioner I should write “filed with I-130 for Spouse” and my wife who is in India will write on her G325 “filed with I-131” I don’t know what the correct information is.
Because the I-130 instructions asks for them when filing for a spouse.

Read the I-130 instructions for filing for a child or stepchild to see what documentation is required for that use of I-130.
--------------------I have read the I-130 instructions but they dont have filing instructions for Child or Step Chilld.
Regards, JEff
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Manish,

Your wife should NOT write "filed with I-131". I-131 is not the application you are submitting. She can check "Other" and write "I-130".

If you look at Page 2 of the I-130 instructions, right hand column, it discusses who needs a G-325A. On quick glance over the instructions, I noticed the word stepchild in there several times, so I am sure it discusses it.

Try reading it again more carefully.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

M,

You and your wife are both preparing a G-325A because the I-130 instructions say that when filing I-130 for spouse a G-325A should be included for each of them. You don't see from that that both G-325As are being submitted in connection with the I-130 petition?

I am filing I-130 Petition and somebody informed me that as I am the Petitioner I should write “filed with I-130 for Spouse” and my wife who is in India will write on her G325 “filed with I-131” I don’t know what the correct information is.
Yes, the I-130 instructions do have instructions dealing with children and stepchildren. Read them again. In particular, read page 3.

I have read the I-130 instructions but they dont have filing instructions for Child or Step Chilld.
Regards, JEff
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Manish,

Your wife should NOT write "filed with I-131". I-131 is not the application you are submitting. She can check "Other" and write "I-130".

If you look at Page 2 of the I-130 instructions, right hand column, it discusses who needs a G-325A. On quick glance over the instructions, I noticed the word stepchild in there several times, so I am sure it discusses it.

Try reading it again more carefully.

Rene
I-130 Instructions
http://www.uscis.gov/propub/DocView/afmid/dat/I_130.PDF

I read the I-130 Instructions Page 2 and right hand. In short it only says that for stepchild I-130 I need to send marriage certificate copy that I am married to stepchild mother. I have the copy of marriage certificate and I will send it. I-130 Instructions don’t say that I need to send my G325A with stepchild I-130. Does it mean that I send my G325A and My wife G325A with my Wife I-130 only? And I or my wife doesn’t need to send G325A with stepchild I-130?
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
M,

You and your wife are both preparing a G-325A because the I-130 instructions say that when filing I-130 for spouse a G-325A should be included for each of them. You don't see from that that both G-325As are being submitted in connection with the I-130 petition?

Yes, the I-130 instructions do have instructions dealing with children and stepchildren. Read them again. In particular, read page 3.

Regards, JEff
I-130 Instructions
On Page 3 they have not provided any instruction for G325 or I-130 for stepchild. on page 2 they have info but nothing related to G325

Dear I read I-130 Instructions and the info I got is that I need to submit marriage certificate copy that I am married to stepchild mother and I am going to submit . I will submit my G325A and my wife G325A with my wife I-130.
I am not clear if I have to submit my G325A or My wife G325 with stepchild I-130.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Manish; Jul 31st 2009 at 2:25 am.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:37 am

M,

You are looking at the instructions with a revision date of 6/5/2002, fee change 1/21/2005. I am looking at the instructions with a revision date of 5/27/2008.

Why are you not clear about submitting a G-325A with the I-130s for the stepchildren? Do the instructions for stepchildren ask for any G-325As?

Regards, JEff

I-130 Instructions
On Page 3 they have not provided any instruction for G325 or I-130 for stepchild. on page 2 they have info but nothing related to G325

Dear I read I-130 Instructions and the info I got is that I need to submit marriage certificate copy that I am married to stepchild mother and I am going to submit . I will submit my G325A and my wife G325A with my wife I-130.
I am not clear if I have to submit my G325A or My wife G325 with stepchild I-130.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:31 am

I-130 Instructions

Thanks for the help.
Basically, do not send anything more than the instructions ask for. That should answer your question.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I-130 Instructions

Thanks for the help.
Hi:

The G-325A is required for marriage petitions. You may be married to your wife, but you are not married to your step-son.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The G-325A is required for marriage petitions. You may be married to your wife, but you are not married to your step-son.
Hopefully
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boiler
Hopefully
For my wife I will send Form I-130, Fee, My G325A (Tick marked” Others” then I will write “with I-130”). MY wife G325A (Tick marked” Others” and will write” with I-130”). My wife 1 Photo. my 1 photo. My US Passport Copy. Copy of Marriage certificate. My wife birth certificate copy. 4 affidavits for ongoing marriage. Copy of my wife prior spouse death certificate.

For my stepchild I will send form I-130, fee, Copy of my US passport, copy of marriage certificate. Copy of child birth certificate.

Do you if I am missing any documents?
Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.