Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help-I-130 filing, Wife in India

Help-I-130 filing, Wife in India

Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help-I-130 filing, Wife in India

Originally Posted by Manish
For my stepchild ....
Make sure you do one for each stepchild, if they are both coming to the USA.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you if I am missing any documents?
Hi:

Yes.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Do you if I am missing any documents?
Thanks for the help.
Translations to English, if required on any documents. Proof of termination of all marriages. From the top of my head..
You'd better go over the instructions again.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The G-325A is required for marriage petitions. You may be married to your wife, but you are not married to your step-son.
Good natured bantering but I got my quota of Belly Laugh! Marrying a step son is not heard off, but this man got married to a dog in the Orient.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21768663/

Last edited by lostlove; Jul 31st 2009 at 7:44 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Yes.
Thanks.

I will submit for my Wife the below:

• Fee Check. $355.00 (payable to Department of Homeland
Security)
•Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
-Attachment: stating mailing and physical addresses for both the petitioner and beneficiary.
•Documents establishing petitioner’s US citizenship.
-Certified copy of my spouse birth certificate.
-Copy of my non-expired US passport.
•Certified copy of marriage certificate.
* Copy of death certificate of prior husband of my wife.

•Form G-325A, Biographic Information (all four pages) with photo of the petitioner
•Form G-325A, Biographic Information (all four pages) with photo of beneficiary
•Evidence of the bona fides of the marital relationship.
-Copies of four affidavits
-Proofs of ongoing relationship
-Photographs
--------------------

For my Stepchild
For my stepchild I will send form I-130, fee, Copy of my US passport, copy of marriage certificate. Copy of my wife’s previous husband death certificate .Copy of child birth certificate.

Do I still Miss any documents for my wife or step child.
Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Do I still Miss any documents for my wife or step child.
Thanks for the help.
Is only one stepchild coming?

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Is only one stepchild coming?

Rene
Two stepchildren will be coming with my wife and I am going to file TWO I-130 petitions for step children ( I-130 for each)
I will file Two I-130 petitions and will send the same documents for each petition for stepchild with his/her Birth certifiate and name on petition I-130 :I will send form I-130, fee, Copy of my US passport, copy of marriage certificate. Copy of my wife’s previous husband death certificate .Copy of child birth certificate.

making sure if I am missing any document for stepchild petition.
Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:35 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I-130 for a stepchild must be accompanied by a copy of the marriage certificate of the petitioner and the child's natural parent.

Regards, JEff

Two stepchildren will be coming with my wife and I am going to file TWO I-130 petitions for step children ( I-130 for each)
I will file Two I-130 petitions and will send the same documents for each petition for stepchild with his/her Birth certifiate and name on petition I-130 :I will send form I-130, fee, Copy of my US passport, copy of marriage certificate. Copy of my wife’s previous husband death certificate .Copy of child birth certificate.

making sure if I am missing any document for stepchild petition.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 3rd 2009 at 7:36 pm. Reason: Off-topic portion deleted
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I-130 for a stepchild must be accompanied by a copy of the marriage certificate of the petitioner and the child's natural parent.

Regards, JEff
Jeff, I (petitioner) have the copy of my marriage certificate and death certificate of my spouse prior husband. My wife did not register her Prior marriage and she does not have marriage certificate of her prior marriage and she only has Death certificate of her prior spouse and on my stepchildren Birth certificates they have the father name that died. Should I ask my wife to get affidavits if she does not have marriage certificate of her prior marriage? In India it is not mandatory to register the marriage and she did not register her prior marriage with registrar of marriage and she can’t register now as her prior husband is no more and for registration husband and wife with two witnesses should go to registrar office.
on children Passport it has name of my wife and real father of children(who died) on Scholl certificates children have the father name(who died).
Thanks for the help!!

Last edited by Manish; Aug 3rd 2009 at 5:29 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:22 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

M,

I think the death certificate should be sufficient. I have no experience with what documents the consulate in India might want to see, but in general the government is satisfied to have documentation that a prior marriage has been ended.

Regards, JEff

Jeff, I (petitioner) have the copy of my marriage certificate and death certificate of my spouse prior husband. My wife did not register her Prior marriage and she does not have marriage certificate of her prior marriage and she only has Death certificate of her prior spouse and on my stepchildren Birth certificates they have the father name that died. Should I ask my wife to get affidavits if she does not have marriage certificate of her prior marriage? In India it is not mandatory to register the marriage and she did not register her prior marriage with registrar of marriage and she can’t register now as her prior husband is no more and for registration husband and wife with two witnesses should go to registrar office.
on children Passport it has name of my wife and real father of children(who died) on Scholl certificates children have the father name(who died).
Thanks for the help!!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Should I ask my wife to get affidavits if she does not have marriage certificate of her prior marriage?
Hi:

Inasmuch as this question has any relationship to Jeff's comment, why are you asking for proof of your wife's prior marriage? When it comes to mothers, it is irrelevant whether the child is "legitimate" or not.