Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help!Help!!Help!!! Fellow Ng members help me on this questions.Please!!!

Wikiposts

Help!Help!!Help!!! Fellow Ng members help me on this questions.Please!!!

Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

afroduke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!Help!!Help!!! Fellow Ng members help me on this questions.Please!!!

My interview(k1) is coming up in the Lagos U.S Consulate May 20th. Just received the instruction/appointment packages from the Consulate. Need some urgent questions answered about the forms in order not to make a shred of a blunder. Thanks all in advance:
Questions......
1. #36 of the DS-156 states; Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf?
......does this imply prior to my current visa petition (in which the answer would be 'NO') or is my current case filed by my fiancee on my behalf inclusive(in which the answer will be 'YES').
2. #39 states; Was this application prepared by another person on your behalf?
......my fiancee filed the application with the services of an immigration lawyer. Does the lawyer fall into the category of such a person?will this imply I send this part of the form to him to fill item # 40 which states that, "if answer is yes should be completed by person".
3. Is the Affidavit of support page required to be filled by my fiancee?If 'Yes' am I to send that page to my fiancee or is there a downloadable file on the net to do that?
4. Is a certified copy of my fiancees passport showing pic page,biographic data page & pages with stamp indicating travel b/w Nigeria & the U.S required?....will my fiancees certified divorce certificate(she's divorced)be required?
5. The space for a medical appointment was left blank, can I go ahead & do the medical exams anytime from now?...is it too early considering interview date?
6. I resigned my employment after my fiancee filed for the k1 visa(without the foreknowledge that it'll take so long)but when I filed my part of form I-129F I was still employed. Should I fill/with indication I resigned or omit # 20 of the DS-156 which requires "the name & address of 'present' employer or school"?

I will be very much gratefull if experienced k1ers & those who have passed through the U.S Consulate in Lagos takes his or her time to answer all of my questions that are constituting a problem to my filling out the forms. Thanks a Million in advance!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!Help!!Help!!! Fellow Ng members help me on this questions.Please!!!

Originally posted by afroduke
My interview(k1) is coming up in the Lagos U.S Consulate May 20th. Just received the instruction/appointment packages from the Consulate. Need some urgent questions answered about the forms in order not to make a shred of a blunder. Thanks all in advance:
Questions......
1. #36 of the DS-156 states; Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf?
......does this imply prior to my current visa petition (in which the answer would be 'NO') or is my current case filed by my fiancee on my behalf inclusive(in which the answer will be 'YES').
......my fiancee filed the application with the services of an immigration lawyer. Does the lawyer fall into the category of such a person?will this imply I send this part of the form to him to fill item # 40 which states that, "if answer is yes should be completed by person".
3. Is the Affidavit of support page required to be filled by my fiancee?If 'Yes' am I to send that page to my fiancee or is there a downloadable file on the net to do that?
4. Is a certified copy of my fiancees passport showing pic page,biographic data page & pages with stamp indicating travel b/w Nigeria & the U.S required?....will my fiancees certified divorce certificate(she's divorced)be required?
5. The space for a medical appointment was left blank, can I go ahead & do the medical exams anytime from now?...is it too early considering interview date?
6. I resigned my employment after my fiancee filed for the k1 visa(without the foreknowledge that it'll take so long)but when I filed my part of form I-129F I was still employed. Should I fill/with indication I resigned or omit # 20 of the DS-156 which requires "the name & address of 'present' employer or school"?

I will be very much gratefull if experienced k1ers & those who have passed through the U.S Consulate in Lagos takes his or her time to answer all of my questions that are constituting a problem to my filling out the forms. Thanks a Million in advance!
O boy! me i no see why you de worry oo!!

Well my answer bi say in
1. Is capital NO
2. This one depends on you. Since the intial petition was prepared by a lawyer,do youn still intend to give him this one? Then if no and you will fill it by yourself then the answer to Q.39 is NO
3. Well if you don?t understand this one,hope you are not still reffering to yourself as the petitioner as you did in your earlier posting? At this stage, your fiancee the USC HAS ALREADY COMPLETED THIS FORM 134 OR is about to finish action on it. She can download it on the web. So this one is not your show,just give her a call.
4. Yes if your were previous married,your divorce cert and that of your USC fiancee if also previously married will be required. Well photo copy showing her passport stamp are one of many proofs that you met.
5. The police report are valid for 3 months and you have interview in MAY 20, So figure that one out.so also is your medicals.
6. Here you make tyhe mistake again,you did not file any part of 129 rather you sent form G325a to your fiancee. This is not a problem at all. There is a question asking your employer and occupation and options of whether you are retired or not. Just state the facts.

Well hope I HAVE BEEN of help. Though you refused to show up to my invitation,only Sunny did and it was really a nice meeting. goodbye.

JJ
Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:59 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!Help!!Help!!! Fellow Ng members help me on this questions.Please!!!

duke,

1. Interpret the question whichever way you want and explain your answer in a few words, just as you did here.
2. Your fiancee is also such a person. The DS-156 is your application, if someone other than you filled it out that someone did so on your behalf.
3. Yes, your fiancee must fill out the affidavit of support and provide the supporting documentation.
4. Don't know about the copy of your fiancee's passport - it wasn't needed by my ex-wife, but you should have the copy of the divorce certificate because the interviewing consular officer has the authority to ask to see it.
5. I think it's not too soon to go have your medical exam - your interview is only about 2 months away.
6. Answer any question on any form with the information that is applicable at the time you are doing the form.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by afroduke
Questions......