Wikiposts

help! hehe

Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

sammyjo83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help! hehe

hey all,
my name is samantha and i was hoping someone could help me out. My finace is moving here after he finishes his studies at uni next year. around hmm august/sept is our goal to have him here since our wedding date is nov. 2nd, 2005. we haven't the slightest idea where to start. so, just a few questions to the list: when about should we start the applications etc. ? we are trying to build a timeline of events. thanks for any help you could offer us. we really appreciate it.

thanks for your time,
Samantha
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help! hehe

Originally posted by sammyjo83
hey all,
my name is samantha and i was hoping someone could help me out. My finace is moving here after he finishes his studies at uni next year. around hmm august/sept is our goal to have him here since our wedding date is nov. 2nd, 2005. we haven't the slightest idea where to start. so, just a few questions to the list: when about should we start the applications etc. ? we are trying to build a timeline of events. thanks for any help you could offer us. we really appreciate it.

thanks for your time,
Samantha
Samantha,

Are you planning on bringing your fiance over on a Fiance visa (K-1 visa)? If so, your application will go to a service center depending on where you live. You can get a rough idea on how much the backlog is at https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sps/index.jsp. Go to the "Service Center" processing dates and pick the center you will fall under. Also take a look at http://www.k1fun.envy.nu/ - that has a lot of information on how to get started, etc. Search this newsgroup (and in Google) for "K1 visa" and you will find a plethora of information to get you started. Here's the first site I found when I started looking - also a good starting point.
http://www.k1faq.com/

Regards,
Amol
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Samantha,

Also try looking at www.k1k3.com to see other people's timelines, you might get a rough estimate on your own process time.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:27 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sammyjo83
hey all,

thanks for your time,
Samantha

SEND THE APPLICATION NOW!!!