help in getting k3 asap

Wikiposts

help in getting k3 asap

Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

pkmk is on a distinguished road
Default help in getting k3 asap

hi friends plz help me in getting visa as soon as possible from islamabad

im giving u information plz guide me about documents & the way of process .
1. my fiance is citizen of USA
2. we will marry in june hopefully
3. then we want to apply k3 visa process from Islamabad/ Pakistan
4. i want that my husband should stay with me during the process .
5. then we will go together in USA ...
6. i want to know the timeline of K3 visa process .
now plz tellme what to do ? & how ... which documents r required & what is the correct process to submit the documents & i want visa as soon as possible bec of my would be husband job ..
plz guid me with ur experience & i hope u'll guide me waiting for ur reply
thanx again
Old Feb 16th 2004, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help in getting k3 asap

Salaam,

Your fiance has to do most of the work at this point. He has to file the paperwork with the USCIS to get the ball rolling.

June will be a little ambitious for a wedding date. I would not plan anything until the visa is in your hands, personally. Even under the best of circumstances you're looking at 7+ months. There are many variable, e.g., which service center your fiance has to file through (Vermont = fast, Texas = slow), etc...

Good plan, though, to have him there for the interview. However, I'd search this site for K1 and Islamabad first to see if visas are issued the same day there. I have a hunch they aren't. So, depending on how long that takes, your fiance and you might have some time to kill before being able to fly to the States.

Hope this gives you some thoughts for how to start.

Khadijah

Originally posted by pkmk
hi friends plz help me in getting visa as soon as possible from islamabad

im giving u information plz guide me about documents & the way of process .
1. my fiance is citizen of USA
2. we will marry in june hopefully
3. then we want to apply k3 visa process from Islamabad/ Pakistan
4. i want that my husband should stay with me during the process .
5. then we will go together in USA ...
6. i want to know the timeline of K3 visa process .
now plz tellme what to do ? & how ... which documents r required & what is the correct process to submit the documents & i want visa as soon as possible bec of my would be husband job ..
plz guid me with ur experience & i hope u'll guide me waiting for ur reply
thanx again
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: help in getting k3 asap

Though my husband is from Ireland rather than Islamabad, we did exactly what you're talking about. We married here in Ireland, then I came back here to wait with him while his visa application is in process.

First check to see if your husband can Direct Consular File (DCF) from Islamabad rather than apply for a K3... that would be the fastest if it's possible. It wasn't for me (I was not a resident of Ireland in the minds of the US govt. as I had not been here long enough, was not established here).

Then read everything everything about the process, starting with the FAQ on this website. This will answer most of your

Bear in mind that it takes longer than you think (we were married in September) especially if you have to send things to the service centers from a foreign country. I'm on a leave of absence from work and the money is tight, but waiting with my husband was the right decision for us.

Good luck!