Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! The embassy don't have my name on their record!

Wikiposts

Help! The embassy don't have my name on their record!

Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:18 am
Just Joined

eneelk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! The embassy don't have my name on their record!

Hi, we have been working on our fiance visa for the last two years, we have been dealing a lot of problems in this process, it's giving us so much head ache!

My fiance is from Washington State and I am from Philippines. When my boyfriend file a petition, he moved in Philippines with me and we lived there together for 5 months. Cause of some personal problems, we had to move here on Costa Rica. Before the day we left in Philippines, we got the first Notice of Action. To make the story short, we moved here in Costa Rica.

We hired somebody to help us with this problem, he said that we can transfer our case from Philippines to CR, he said it's not going to take a long time to transfer the case here, we thought it's going to take a month. We were so disappointed when we found out that it's going to take a year, we moved on and waited. Finally, we got the notice of action again that it says that our case has been moved in San Jose CR. When we called the embassy, they said that they can't find my name and either my boyfriend's name on their record. I went to the embassy and I bring the files that I have and showed it to the embassy. They said, they are going to contact the Philippine embassy to send my files here, and contact the NVC (which I think they did not do).

My lawyer sent a letter to the NVC saying that the embassy here in CR does not have my files. I took 3 months for them to reply back. They said, I have to forward the copy of I-129F and I-824, and I did. I went to the embassy again and showed the letter from the NVC and some documents. They told me again that they are going to contact the NVC, and I don't think they did. After few days, the embassy called me and asked about my case if I heard from the NVC. I said, I did not. She says, "If you hear from the NVC, please let me know." I thought she is going to help me to contact NVC?

I sent back the copy of I-129F and I-824 by mail, after two weeks, my lawyer called the NVC, and they told to my lawyer that they able to locate our files. It's been two months now since I sent the mail, if they able to locate my files why it's taking so long?? I don't know why it's taking so long for no reason! I have been calling the embassy, and still they don't have my files. What should I do??? We have been waiting for so long, it seems like it's been so hard for us. Please help us, any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old May 12th 2004, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Help! The embassy don't have my name on their record!

Hi everyone! My lawyer got a letter from the NVC last April 20, she told me about it. She said, that she they able to locate my files. She keep telling me about the good things happening on my case, she is lying when there is something goes wrong. Like this letter, here what is says:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We have searched our records and are unable to locate your case for one or more of the following reasons:

Your inquiry/aplication must be directed to the appropriate U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in the applicant's country of residence."

My lawyer did not tell me about it, she just told me that they locate my files and it should be in the embassy right now. I went to the embassy yesterday, and and showed this letter I have. The lady said, they don't have my files still. The lady tried emailing the embassy in Philippines, but they did not respond. The lady told me that is going to contact the embassy in Philippines again, and there is one another option we can do if they can't find my files. We have to file another petition again, meaning we have to start all over again and file it here in Costa Rica.

I don't know what else to do, we have been working so hard for this. Yeah, I know it was a mistake moving here, but we are already here and we can't go back where we were before, so we moved on and try to work on things. Please share us your ideas of what to do, I am so frustrated. All of your help will be appreciated. Thanks so much.
Old May 12th 2004, 3:48 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by eneelk
Hi everyone! My lawyer got a letter from the NVC last April 20, she told me about it. She said, that she they able to locate my files. She keep telling me about the good things happening on my case, she is lying when there is something goes wrong. Like this letter, here what is says:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We have searched our records and are unable to locate your case for one or more of the following reasons:

Your inquiry/aplication must be directed to the appropriate U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in the applicant's country of residence."

My lawyer did not tell me about it, she just told me that they locate my files and it should be in the embassy right now. I went to the embassy yesterday, and and showed this letter I have. The lady said, they don't have my files still. The lady tried emailing the embassy in Philippines, but they did not respond. The lady told me that is going to contact the embassy in Philippines again, and there is one another option we can do if they can't find my files. We have to file another petition again, meaning we have to start all over again and file it here in Costa Rica.

I don't know what else to do, we have been working so hard for this. Yeah, I know it was a mistake moving here, but we are already here and we can't go back where we were before, so we moved on and try to work on things. Please share us your ideas of what to do, I am so frustrated. All of your help will be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Oh my! What a nightmare!
I am sorry!
It shouldn't take that long to transfer your file from one consulate to another!, That is crazy!!
If I were you I would fire her!! Ã?ou should not pay her either.
As for your file it's gotta be somewhere, bug NVC and the embassy until they tell you where in the heck it is!!
Good Luck and keep us updated please!!
Old May 24th 2004, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for the reply. Well, here is the latest update with my case... My lawyer decided to refile the petition, that'e the embassy told me to do, I think it's good to do this way. One question though, how long does it take till you get approved? Does it take long or a year like we waited before??? Thanks.