Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! DCF London I-130 status

Help! DCF London I-130 status

Old May 16th 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all
Default Help! DCF London I-130 status

Hello hello again.
I just called the pricey 'helpline' as given on the london consolates website for inquiries concerning IV's to inquire about the status of our I-130 petition which was filed Dec 9th. The website states it is now processing petitions filed Dec 20th. The guy I spoke to looked for my details, and kept asking me 'you're sure you filed it at the london embassy?' and 'yes, you should have heard by now, it usually takes 12 weeks' (which, from what I've read of others experiance on here, is incorrect and it's closer to 16-20 wks) He then cheerfully concluded that they have no record of me or any of my details and gave me an e-mail address to inquire further.
Now I am a bit freaked out. I have read on DCF timelines of people calling back and getting different answers from different people on the helpline, which I might do. just wondering if anyone else has had a similar expericances or advice?
Old May 16th 2011, 11:27 am
Just Joined

New Jersey Lass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! DCF London I-130 status

Originally Posted by joannabanana
Hello hello again.
I just called the pricey 'helpline' as given on the london consolates website for inquiries concerning IV's to inquire about the status of our I-130 petition which was filed Dec 9th. The website states it is now processing petitions filed Dec 20th. The guy I spoke to looked for my details, and kept asking me 'you're sure you filed it at the london embassy?' and 'yes, you should have heard by now, it usually takes 12 weeks' (which, from what I've read of others experiance on here, is incorrect and it's closer to 16-20 wks) He then cheerfully concluded that they have no record of me or any of my details and gave me an e-mail address to inquire further.
Now I am a bit freaked out. I have read on DCF timelines of people calling back and getting different answers from different people on the helpline, which I might do. just wondering if anyone else has had a similar expericances or advice?
Hi Joanna
i have the same file date of Dec 9th as you. I was also getting concerned that I had not heard anything so I called the helpline number last Weds. They were pretty useless and said they do not hold any details of 1-130 applicants until they are approved so couldn't help me then told me to email instead. So I emailed and the auto reply said they will respond in 5 working days, and so far i have heard nothing.

Just out of interest what was the number that you called?

I called this one, but they could not tell me anything.

Customer Call Centre at 09042-450-100 (calls cost £1.23/min plus any network extras).

I wonder if there is another number we should be calling?

If you find out anything please let me know and likewise if i hear a response from my email I will let you know.

Does anyone else have any advice on how we can find out if our I-130 petitions have been approved?
Old May 16th 2011, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by New Jersey Lass
Hi Joanna
i have the same file date of Dec 9th as you. I was also getting concerned that I had not heard anything so I called the helpline number last Weds. They were pretty useless and said they do not hold any details of 1-130 applicants until they are approved so couldn't help me then told me to email instead. So I emailed and the auto reply said they will respond in 5 working days, and so far i have heard nothing.

Just out of interest what was the number that you called?

I called this one, but they could not tell me anything.

Customer Call Centre at 09042-450-100 (calls cost £1.23/min plus any network extras).

I wonder if there is another number we should be calling?

If you find out anything please let me know and likewise if i hear a response from my email I will let you know.

Does anyone else have any advice on how we can find out if our I-130 petitions have been approved?
Hi New Jersery lass! arhh, so relieved to hear we're in the same boat....I wondered if you'd heard anything. I called the same number you called, but the guy I spoke to sounded concerned that I hadn't heard anything - which completely freaked me out. Maybe we'll hear this week? I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything thanks for your reply, I feel less panicked now.

UPDATE! just heard back from the embassy:

" Embassy records show that the Immigrant Visa Unit has not yet received your case, and so we are unable to assist you at the present time.

As previously advised, you should contact the USCIS office processing her petition for further information. You may check on the status of a pending petition by visiting the USCIS website at www.uscis or, if the petition is being processed by USCIS in London, please visit http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

However, the link is broken that they give.... so I'll wait this week and see, and I'll try calling again at the end of the week too.

Last edited by joannabanana; May 16th 2011 at 11:48 am.
Old May 16th 2011, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Hi New Jersery lass! arhh, so relieved to hear we're in the same boat....I wondered if you'd heard anything. I called the same number you called, but the guy I spoke to sounded concerned that I hadn't heard anything - which completely freaked me out. Maybe we'll hear this week? I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything thanks for your reply, I feel less panicked now.

" Embassy records show that the Immigrant Visa Unit has not yet received your case, and so we are unable to assist you at the present time.

As previously advised, you should contact the USCIS office processing her petition for further information. You may check on the status of a pending petition by visiting the USCIS website at www.uscis or, if the petition is being processed by USCIS in London, please visit http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

However, the link is broken that they give.... so I'll wait this week and see, and I'll try calling again at the end of the week too.
Lets keep in touch! Going to give it a few more days and if I still haven't heard anything i will call again. If they email me back i will let you know too....but it looks like our petitions are in the same state of flux, still at least we know we are in it together....Good luck and speak soon!

xx
Old May 16th 2011, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello hello again.
I think you should send an email to the email address that was printed on your Notice of Receipt letter: [email protected]

I sent an email to them when my I-130 was processing and they replied.

Good luck, I'm sure your application is fine since you have a letter with your filing date
Old May 16th 2011, 1:40 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

A general comment:

"DCF" is an online acronym for "Direct Consular Processing." This term does not exist in the law. In the case of London, it is a misnoemer which creates no small degree of confusion.

I-130's are within the jurisdiction of the Department of Homeland Security and not the consulates. That said, DHS has delegated the authority for I-130 adjudication to the consulates in limited situations. This is expressly noted in the regulations on visa petitions. The regulatory delegation is limited to "... a country in which USCIS does not have an office ..."

The Embassy in London does have a DHS office. Accordingly, the consulate has no authority to accept or adjudicate an I-130.

That said, both the consulate and the DHS office are located within the Embassy.
Old May 16th 2011, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katq
I think you should send an email to the email address that was printed on your Notice of Receipt letter: [email protected]

I sent an email to them when my I-130 was processing and they replied.

Good luck, I'm sure your application is fine since you have a letter with your filing date
Thanks very much, Katq. I'll shoot them an e-mail.
Old May 16th 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Katq, thank you for that e-mail - I did get a reply! Shock!

New jersey lass - they said I was approved as of today?! and that I should receive a notice of approval in the next few days . defo worth e-mailing the address Katq has given above if you haven't heard anything.
Old May 16th 2011, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Bet you are relieved! Good to hear! Wont be long now for us, we are right behind you !!
Old May 16th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

New jersey lass - they said I was approved as of today?! and that I should receive a notice of approval in the next few days . defo worth e-mailing the address Katq has given above if you haven't heard anything.
Oh that's great, I'm very pleased for you
Old May 16th 2011, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi there

This was the email address I sent ot last wednesday and I had not heard anything yet. I will email them again...thanks Joannabanana and congrats on being approved I hope mine is not far behind you...let me know when you book your medical and what date you get
Old May 16th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by New Jersey Lass
Hi there

This was the email address I sent ot last wednesday and I had not heard anything yet. I will email them again...thanks Joannabanana and congrats on being approved I hope mine is not far behind you...let me know when you book your medical and what date you get
It has been less than a week since you sent in the e-mail.
Old May 16th 2011, 6:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The link you need is not broken.. ??
Old May 16th 2011, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
The link you need is not broken.. ??
I know! but in the e-mail they sent to me, it went to a page that said it no longer existed, but then it works when I copied and pasted on this forum ....I swear I am not telling porkies!
Old May 17th 2011, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Just wondering ... did you get your LND number in the email or will you need to wait to get your notice in the mail.. just curious. I m so excited to see the date has lurched forward past our date of Dec 22nd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.