Reload this Page >

Help with CR1 visa (medical)

Help with CR1 visa (medical)

Old Dec 6th 2018, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Gsmyth is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help with CR1 visa (medical)

Hi everyone,

I am just a bit confused about what to do for the next step of the CR1 visa.
I have my case number and have completed the Immigrant Visa Application (Form DS-260) and it says the next step is the medical. At what point do I make an appointment for the medical? Do I have to wait for any more information from the embassy or even wait for an interview appointment or can I just do it now? Also, do I submit the I-864 (Affidavit of Support) and supporting documents anywhere, or do I just keep it for the interview?

Many thanks,

George

Last edited by Gsmyth; Dec 6th 2018 at 12:08 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 2:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with CR1 visa (medical)

Hi and welcome back. Not seen you since September and had a look back at your other three posts to get my bearings on your immigration journey. For those also unfamiliar with Gsmyth, he is doing the CR-1 through London as DCF filers.

You can make your medical appointment at anytime as long as you have your LDN# and your police clearance certificate. Since you've not been a frequent poster, I'm not sure if you are aware of what you need to do prior to the medical, i.e. d/l and complete the medical questionnaire from the US Embassy's website, obtain your medical summary from your own doctor and a chart of the vaccinations you have had.

The Affidavit of Support and other documents are taken with you to the interview. As for the date for the interview, I do know that you make it yourself but not 100% sure at which point you can do so.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Gsmyth is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, thanks so much for all the information! Thats all I needed
Old Dec 11th 2018, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that the medical is only valid for six months, so you'll want to make sure you book it for such a time that it'll sit within the six-month window of you emigrating.