Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

help with children please

Wikiposts

help with children please

Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:17 am
Just Joined

arwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant future
Default a little help to do with children

hello my fiance and i are going through the K1 route i have children but they are not going with me to the usa they live with their grandmother (my ex partners mother) we did not name them on the I-129-F form or the biographic form the G325A, now my question is which form if any do i have to put them on although as ive already said they are not coming to the usa to live with us???? we did not know that we had to name them will this cause us a problem at the interview???

thankyou

arwen
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a little help to do with children

Can't really help...but there is a US marriage based visa forum here which would get you better results I'm sure...I could just move the thread if you prefer not to start another one

And welcome to the forums
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:24 am
Just Joined

arwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant futurearwensun1965 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bob
Can't really help...but there is a US marriage based visa forum here which would get you better results I'm sure...I could just move the thread if you prefer not to start another one

And welcome to the forums

hmmm im new to this site and im a little confused to say the least my fiance and i have just read on the london us embassy site that you have to list your children even if they are not coming with you sorry to be a pain in the butt but i need to know at what process in the line of doing things are we suppose to do this
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by arwensun1965
hmmm im new to this site and im a little confused to say the least my fiance and i have just read on the london us embassy site that you have to list your children even if they are not coming with you sorry to be a pain in the butt but i need to know at what process in the line of doing things are we suppose to do this
dear bob

yes please do move this to the usa marriage base forum thankyou
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Default help with children please

please could somebody help my fiance and i submitted the I-129F fiance(e) form and it was approved, trouble is we did not put my childrens names on the form because they are not coming with us, now we have read that they are suppose to go onto the form even though they are not coming to the usa can someone please tell us if this is going to cause a problem or not
thankyou
arwen
Old Oct 8th 2005, 12:07 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with children please

please could somebody help my fiance and i submitted the I-129F fiance(e) form and it was approved, trouble is we did not put my childrens names on the form because they are not coming with us, now we have read that they are suppose to go onto the form even though they are not coming to the usa can someone please tell us if this is going to cause a problem or not
thankyou
arwen
As I understand it you have to list all children regardless of whether they are coming with you or not, I really don't know what problems this will cause you, I'm sure others will be able to help you on here.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 12:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou
arwen
If I am remembering correctly the form tells you to list all children regardless of their immigration intent. This is so that in the future if one or more want to emmigrate you won't be thought to be trying to pass someone else's child off as your own.

Update the biographical information at the US Consulate level. Do not leave anything blank on any form and answer questions fully.

Rete

Last edited by Rete; Oct 8th 2005 at 1:08 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

can someone please tell us if this is going to cause a problem or not
Could you please use an occasional capital letter where appropriate, and perhaps a period or comma from time to time? It'd make your post much easier to read.

The I-129F form doesn't distinguish between children you have and children who are coming with you, so they should have been listed.

The form clearly states: "Title 18, United States Code, Section 100 states that whoever willfully and knowingly falsifies a material fact, makes a false statement, or makes use of a false document will be fined up to $10,000 or imprisoned up to five years, or both."

Leaving the children off the form is probably not a material fact but it may be considered a false statement. However, I am neither a lawyer nor a USCIS officer. I agree with Rete on this... make sure you update this information when you have the interview.

Ian
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Could you please use an occasional capital letter where appropriate, and perhaps a period or comma from time to time? It'd make your post much easier to read.

The I-129F form doesn't distinguish between children you have and children who are coming with you, so they should have been listed.

The form clearly states: "Title 18, United States Code, Section 100 states that whoever willfully and knowingly falsifies a material fact, makes a false statement, or makes use of a false document will be fined up to $10,000 or imprisoned up to five years, or both."

Leaving the children off the form is probably not a material fact but it may be considered a false statement. However, I am neither a lawyer nor a USCIS officer. I agree with Rete on this... make sure you update this information when you have the interview.

Ian

Oh my god you have scared the living daylights out of us, We did not intentionally leave the children of the form we just did not read it right, all we need now is information so that we can ratify the problem. Thankyou
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god you have scared the living daylights out of us, We did not intentionally leave the children of the form we just did not read it right, all we need now is information so that we can ratify the problem. Thankyou
Explain the situation at the interview. Have them correct it.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:00 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrea874
Explain the situation at the interview. Have them correct it.
And next time read, re-read and read again all the forms!!!
Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We did not intentionally leave the children of the form we just did not read it right, all we need now is information so that we can ratify the problem.
Keep this in mind when you fill out forms during the rest of the process. Please don't worry too much about this... it is a common error and easily fixable. In the long run, as long as you correct this at the interview, I really doubt that anything more will come of it.

Ian
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I know that Ian's post is scary but he has a point as do others in this thread which I combined to make one from your transferred post from the USA forum.

Read the form instructions carefully. If you don't want to use an attorney, then please ask questions here or on other forums. With the exception of three, we are not attorneys but we can tell you what we have done in our dealings with the CIS to help you through yours.

In regards to the forms and answering all questions fully and truthfully, for example, some people think because a crime act was done in their teens and their records expunged that they don't need to disclose that on the forms. Wrong. Even expunged crimes need to be recorded and paperwork regarding them shown at the interview.

Perhaps at some point in their lives, your children might want to leave their grandmother and come to the US to live with you. If they are not listed on the paperwork for you, imagine the difficulty you will have to convince CIS that you even have children.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 9:36 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I know that Ian's post is scary but he has a point as do others in this thread which I combined to make one from your transferred post from the USA forum.

Read the form instructions carefully. If you don't want to use an attorney, then please ask questions here or on other forums. With the exception of three, we are not attorneys but we can tell you what we have done in our dealings with the CIS to help you through yours.

In regards to the forms and answering all questions fully and truthfully, for example, some people think because a crime act was done in their teens and their records expunged that they don't need to disclose that on the forms. Wrong. Even expunged crimes need to be recorded and paperwork regarding them shown at the interview.

Perhaps at some point in their lives, your children might want to leave their grandmother and come to the US to live with you. If they are not listed on the paperwork for you, imagine the difficulty you will have to convince CIS that you even have children.
I would be concerned that the U.S. Consulate, upon learning of the existence of children not listed on the form might consider sending the petition back to the Service Center for reconsideration/revocation. You don't want that to happen as that would add a significant delay in the case (even if the Service Center confirms their original approval).

I can think of things I would do (with the Consulate), to try to reduce the odds of this happening. Good luck.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 9:38 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

we did not name them on the I-129-F form or the biographic form the G325A
Children are not listed on the G-325A. By the way, you will also need to have their birth records with you during the Consular interview, even if they are not coming to the U.S.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.