HELP!!! affadavit of Support

Wikiposts

HELP!!! affadavit of Support

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:51 am
Evo
Forum Regular

Evo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!! affadavit of Support

Finally I was able to find my friend to be my Sponsor for the AOS interview because my wife doesn't have any income (she is sponsoring me for the GC).

My interview is on 3/8 at Los Angeles.

2 questions:
1. Do the tax returns need to be the most curretn 3 yrs? Becuase my friend hasn't filed his tax for last year. He only has tax returns for 2000-2002. Will that be ok? He has all the paystub for the last 3 months.

2. He may not be able to find the original W-2 on those tax returns. He has to go to the acccountant to get those copies. Are copies of W-2 acceptable?
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Ankh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!!! affadavit of Support

Originally posted by Evo
Finally I was able to find my friend to be my Sponsor for the AOS interview because my wife doesn't have any income (she is sponsoring me for the GC).

2 questions:
1. Do the tax returns need to be the most curretn 3 yrs? Becuase my friend hasn't filed his tax for last year. He only has tax returns for 2000-2002. Will that be ok? He has all the paystub for the last 3 months.

2. He may not be able to find the original W-2 on those tax returns. He has to go to the acccountant to get those copies. Are copies of W-2 acceptable?
W-2 i cant help on, but i had my interview today and i took my future mother in laws tax returns from 2000, 2001 and 2002, so you should be just fine.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:59 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Get the free tax return printouts from the IRS 800#.

Originally posted by Evo

2 questions:

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Caligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really nice

Originally posted by Evo

2 questions:

Hi Evo,

I contacted the IRS using the 800 number listed on their website and requested copies of my 2000 and 2001
tax returns, also you may request copies of the W2 forms from the IRS as well. You should be fine with 2000, 2001 and 2002 tax return copies as the deadline for 2003 is on April 15, 2004. BTW, I received the copies in the mail in 4 days!

Good Luck to you!

Warmly,
Cali
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:52 am
Evo
Forum Regular

Evo is an unknown quantity at this point

Ankh , could you pls post your interview experience?

Originally posted by Ankh
W-2 i cant help on, but i had my interview today and i took my future mother in laws tax returns from 2000, 2001 and 2002, so you should be just fine.