Wikiposts

help

Old Aug 20th 2008, 11:51 pm
jo-jo

quintero33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help

Hi

Can anyone help me with this?

I am UK citizen I live in Uk my husband is American lives in America we are currently processing our Visa application(i-130) for me to go to USA.
We are at the last stage
We have sent the paperwork to Visa centre (July 08) and were just waiting on an appointment from embassy in London.

Does anyone know how much longer we will have to wait as I’ve just found out that I’m pregnant and were wondering what would happen if the baby was born in UK would my husband have to petition for the baby to come to USA or can the baby automatically enter USA because father is citizen
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Re: help

Originally Posted by quintero33
Hi

I am UK citizen I live in Uk my husband is American lives in America we are currently processing our Visa application(i-130) for me to go to USA.
We are at the last stage
We have sent the paperwork to Visa centre (July 08) and were just waiting on an appointment from embassy in London.

Does anyone know how much longer we will have to wait as I’ve just found out that I’m pregnant and were wondering what would happen if the baby was born in UK would my husband have to petition for the baby to come to USA or can the baby automatically enter USA because father is citizen
Hi there
I have not long got my appointment for CR1 interview in London. It's 29th September and our case was completed at NVC on 12th August. I know that some have been given interview dates approx 4 weeks from case complete date, unfortunately i got later date but i have e-mailed London and requested an earlier date in Sept but that was last week and still not heard back so i will call them today and see if they can accommodate me.

Do you have case complete from NVC ?
If so your case has not taken long at all Thas always a good thing

Hope my info helps atleast give you an idea as far as i know London are pretty fast

Michelle
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:04 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are at the last stage

Baby will have to be registered at the US Embassy and a US passport obtained prior to the move.

Full details at www.uk-yankee.com... and the US Embassy website.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well... congratulations on the impending birth! The process could still take another 6 - 8 months, unfortunately, and there's no way to speed it up. Financially, it'd definitely be less expensive to have the baby in the UK... much more expensive in the US. As for the baby, s/he will be a US citizen the moment s/he is born - on the assumption that dad meets the requirements to pass on citizenship (being a USC, by itself, isn't enough). If that's the case, the baby definitely won't need a visa, but *may* need a US passport to travel... but I'm really not sure about that. It seems an unreasonable request for a newborn, but perhaps someone with more knowledge than me will chime in and clarify this.

Ian
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are at the last stage

If the USC father has lived in the US for a significant amount of time after he turned 14 (5 years I think?) the child will be a USC from birth.

If the father has lived mostly abroad, let us know, and we'll hunt up all the details.

What will change though, is that his income/assets would have to be sufficient to include the additional household memeber (baby).

Several other things for you to consider - I think airlines will not allow a really really pregnant woman to fly, you'd have to see how many months along you can be before it becomes a problem.

Also, I have to wonder about health insurance in the US - childbirth can be very expensive here, especially if something goes wrong.

So I wonder if you might not decide that it would be best for you to give birth in the UK...
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:51 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Hi:

As always, the question of "how long" is indeterminate. All you can get is what it is taking other people and then you have to extrapolate from that. There is a phrase from automobile advertisements -- "your mileage may vary."

On the second question -- if your husband has resided in the United States for a period of five years, 2.5 years of which are after age 14, you child will be a US citizen at birth. No I-130 will be needed. However, the child will have to obtain a US passport in her own right.

If your husband does not meet the above residence requirements at the time of birth of your child, then, yes, a new I-130 will have to be filed. Do note that upon the child's admission to lawful permanent residence, she will instantly lose her right to being a lawful permanent resident alien inasmuch as she will instantly lose her status as an alien.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

.... we are currently processing our Visa application(i-130) for me to go to USA.
The I-130 is actually a petition, not a visa application, so I"m not clear here if it is the I-130 still being processed, or you have actually submitted the Immigrant Visa checklist in the UK.

We are at the last stage
The last stage, meaning you've returned the checklist to the embassy in the UK, and are waiting for your interview date?

Do you mean you've sent the I-130 to the Service Center in the USA? Do you mean you've just sent paperwork to NVC in the USA? Or do you mean you've sent the checklist to the embassy in the UK?

Does anyone know how much longer we will have to wait...
If you are at the last stage of the whole process, and you have turned in your checklist in the UK, it seems you have about another month or two until your visa interview. So no worries there about the baby being born in the UK.

If you are still awaiting I-130 approval, then you might have another 8+ months to wait, in which case you'll have to plan for perhaps giving birth in the UK.

From your original post, it's hard for me to tell exactly where you are in the process.

Best Wishes and Congratulations on the news,
Rene
Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

Congratulations!

I just want to chime in about the American passport for the baby:

If the baby has a legitimate claim to be a US citizen, the US requires that the baby travel into the US on a US passport.

I know this because I gave birth to a Spanish & American baby here last year. The Spanish passport came through first and the American one was going to come through around the time of a trip we planned to the US. At the US Embassy passport services, they went crazy that I had been thinking she'd travel on the Spanish passport if the US one wasn't ready in time. We ended up with an "emergency" US passport for her. Needless to say, she travels into the Uk on her Spanish one and into the US on her American one.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We are at the last stage
There are three (possibly four) sets of paperwork that will come from/go back to the NVC, so it is impossible to say 'how long' because you don't indicate which paperwork you're talking about.

The NVC will set your interview appointment, not the Embassy in London.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:40 am
jo-jo

quintero33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your help on this one sorry took so long to get back in regards to the stage we are at to clarify we have sent all paper work such as police reports etc to NVC and are waiting for them to send over our paper work to the embassy in London for our interview appointment.
We have not received an appointment with the embassy yet and I have not went for my medical.

Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2008, 3:14 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your help on this one sorry took so long to get back in regards to the stage we are at to clarify we have sent all paper work such as police reports etc to NVC and are waiting for them to send over our paper work to the embassy in London for our interview appointment.
We have not received an appointment with the embassy yet and I have not went for my medical.

Thanks
If the NVC has received all your paperwork then you can call their cust serv no to find out what is happening. I assume you have your case number. You can get an automated message on the status of your case by using your case no on the AVR line. Once it says case completed, ignore the message about waiting up to 8 weeks for further info. A few days after case completed call the cust serv no and select the option to speak to a live operator. They should then be able to tell you when you'll have your interview.

I recommend not waiting for the paperwork to make the medical appointment either. As soon as you have a date for the interview call the doctors to arrange the medical. You don't need the paperwork to make the appointment (no matter what the receptionist says) as long as you have a copy of the appointment letter in time for the actual interview.

If you are just in the early stages of pregnancy I would say that you won't have to be too concerned about timing. If you are just waiting for your appointment date I would guess it would be about 1-2 months until your interview, then about another week to get your visa before you can fly.

Hope you here something soon.

Lyn
Old Aug 26th 2008, 3:21 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Here's the NVC telephone number

For immigrant visa inquiries, call the National Visa Center at 603-334-0700

I called from here in the UK (just add 001 to the beginning) as I have free calls to the US. They were really helpful and friendly whenever I called. I even got them to email the appointment letter as I was concerned about how long regular mail was taking and I only had a few weeks notice of my interview appointment.

Hope this helps

Lyn