Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP - Is 230 needed for K-1 Application?

Wikiposts

HELP - Is 230 needed for K-1 Application?

Old Aug 1st 2003, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default HELP - Is 230 needed for K-1 Application?

I asked my Lawyer how to answer a question on form DS-230 (or OF-230, whatever it is called) with regard to my K-1 Visa application. He sent back the reply that the DS-230 is irrelevant!

This contradicts (I think) the information that I have received from this NG and other documentation. Personally, with the advice I have received from my "lawyer" so far, I know who I'd rather believe...

Can someone shed any light on this please.

P.S. The question I had was in regard to Question 14 "Details of Spouse" Is this referring to a current Spouse? As I am divorced, do I need to complete this?

Thanks again
Old Aug 1st 2003, 4:11 am
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

You do need to complete the DS-230 for the K-1 application. I was divorced and left question 14 blank.

Hope this helps.

John
Old Aug 1st 2003, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default HELP - Is 230 needed for K-1 Application?

Thanks so much John and congratulations on your K-1!

I wish I was in your position rather than mine.....