Hello everybody

Old Mar 9th 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

BILLY88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello everybody

Hey,

Just joined the forum but immigration has been on the mind for a while so I'v browsed the site many times previously, Thought I would say hello to everyone.

Its really nice to be involved in something where people share common problems/interests. I hope I can get involved and try help people where I can. It seems like a really helpful place and Im sure I could benifit from the experience and knowledge that everyone here seems to share too.

Feel free to say hello
Pleasure to join

Billy
Old Mar 9th 2012, 6:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello everybody

Welcome to BE
Old Mar 9th 2012, 10:08 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Billy and Welcome to BE
Old Mar 9th 2012, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Howdy!
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Hello
Old Mar 10th 2012, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

If you had a question for the Forum, what might it be?
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the madhouse
Old Mar 11th 2012, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

BILLY88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Iv spent time in France, finland, italy, Germany, portugal, and done some travelling in the USA too, and not long back lived in Madrid, spain for a while.
But a job offer brought me back......for now.

I pretty much fell in love with the USA when I did some travelling there, especially the south. So just trying to work towards perhaps being able to call myself an expat again and move there.

I dont think I could have picked a more difficult country to want to emmigrate to what with the near impossibilty of getting a visa and the veritable wall of beurocracy that blocks my path at every turn, but the heart wants what it wants I guess so I thought I have to at least try!

Speaking to other people who'v done/ are doing something similar is always a good idea, so here I am at BE!

So, if I were to ask a question...., I know its a broad question, But... @ everyone who wishes to answer, 'In as much of a nutshell as you can make it, how did you end up living in the USA?'

that should generate some nice ideas/ discussion topics
Old Mar 11th 2012, 6:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILLY88
So, if I were to ask a question...., I know its a broad question, But... @ everyone who wishes to answer, 'In as much of a nutshell as you can make it, how did you end up living in the USA?'
There have been threads on this topic before. You'll find everyone on this forum...those who immigrated based on marriage to a USC, those who got an H1B visa to work, those who got an L1 company transfer, those who had enough money to do an investment visa, and a few who won the DV Lottery....you're right, it's a broad question and wont' really help YOU pinpoint how YOU can immigrate. Everyone's case is different.

But for the record, my alien husband immigrated here on a K-1 fiance visa in order to marry me (I'm the USC). He's been here almost 8 years, he's now a USC, and we're very happy. He's not from the UK, though.

Rene
Old Mar 11th 2012, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

Hi and welcome to BE Billy. I never had any desire at all to even go on holiday to the USA. Actually, it was on my 'not to go to' list and to be honest, having worked with quite a few Americans in my time, I found them to be extremely irritating. I ended up Marrying an American and that is why I'm here. I now like America and have met some really nice Americans! Funny how things work out....
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

We came in on he DV lottery after years and years and years of waiting apparently. My sister and I never really wanted to move but we did - her to appease the rents, and me because I was 15 and had no choice.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here on an L1 with Mrs HTS.

I worked for the UK operation of my US employer, before getting the offer to move out to the US and set up our WW sales training operation.

About 10 years ago we came close to starting the process of coming out here via investing in a business... Had funny feeling about the facilitator of the process, and some challenges with getting all the finance together in 1 place... Just as well, as they turned out to be crooks... They ended up doing a bunch of porridge for their troubles...

We're in the early stages of getting Green Cards.

Cheers

Harry The Spider (HTS)
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:28 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I'll play. I came over on a K1 (fiancé) visa so I could marry an American and live here. You might say I came here with the express intention to steal one of their women and take one of their jobs!

On reflection I wish I'd brought her over to the UK to steal a Brit's job now, though ...
Old Mar 12th 2012, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Like CJ (above) I never had any interest in coming to the USA, I met a US military GI in Germany when I was working as a nanny for a US military couple, naively (I later realised) I didn't think that by falling in love and marrying him I would end up having to live in the US. We did do a couple of tours in the UK though, maybe 12 yrs total. 25 yrs later we are still happily married and still here

It isn't easy to legally move to the US these days, but if you have time and patience (and money) it can be done.....good luck and welcome to the forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.