Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hello again, IR1 Visa questions

Wikiposts

Hello again, IR1 Visa questions

Old Sep 15th 2015, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello again, IR1 Visa questions

Hi all,

I posted on here some while back but have forgotten my details so just wanted to say hello again. I'm a UKC, my wife is a USC and we currently live in the UK about to file for my US visa via a DCF so I'll no doubt have some more questions along the way!

We are filing the I-130 petition next month, and all that process looks straightforward and I am happy with it. Can I just get a brief summary of the process and fees confirmed though?

File I-130 - $420
Choose agent for NVC
Pay fees ($230 for DS-260, $88 for I-164)
Submit DS-260
Collect financial documents (Affadavit of support I-164)
Collect supporting documents
Submit above items to NVC
After interview has been scheduled, arrage and attend Medical (£190)
Attend Interview
Upon (hopefully( successful interview, pay the USCIS fee ($165)

In summary, is that about right?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello again, IR1 Visa questions

NVC is not involved when filling the I-130 directly to London (DCF). No $88 fee for the I-864.

Also, the medical step comes before the interview.

Rene
Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene, so for a DCF the costs will be the $420 for the petition, the $230 for the DS-260, £190 for the medical and then the $165 for the USCIS fees to get the visa yes?
Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:32 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harveyspecter
... and then the $165 for the USCIS fees to get the visa yes?
The $165 is not to get the visa... that's what the $230 is for. The $165 is to get the green card produced if the interview is successful. You pay after your interview.

Ian
Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for clarifying Ian, that's what I meant.

Here's hoping for a successful process!
Old Sep 16th 2015, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harveyspecter
Thanks Rene, so for a DCF the costs will be the $420 for the petition, the $230 for the DS-260, £190 for the medical and then the $165 for the USCIS fees to get the visa yes?

I'm not too sure that all your numbers are correct.
The medical is definitely £250 for an immigrant visa.
The fee for my DS-260 was $325 (but I'm not sure if it's cheaper for DCF cases, no doubt someone with recent DCF experience can tell you)
Don't forget that there is also a £45 fee for your police certificate.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

$325 is correct for the DS-260, I looked it up again. Thanks for the reminder of the PC. I haven't gotten as far as making a list of documents I need yet, that's the next job on the list.