Wikiposts

hello

Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

heart of lothian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hello

Ok...Supposing I sort out my GC. Pay my massive IRS fines. Avoid being killed/beaten by hillbillies. Survive the yearly audit. Manage to avoid the men with small dicks an guns at the Mexican border.

Can anyone tell me the price of gas? How much would you need yearly for a comfortable lifestyle?

This thread is like something from Monty Python

Last edited by heart of lothian; Dec 17th 2007 at 5:56 pm. Reason: shocking spelling. It is 6.00am
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:58 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heart of lothian
Ok...Supposing I sort out my GC. Pay my massive IRS fines. Avoid being killed/beaten by hillbillies. Survive the yearly audit. Manage to avoid the men with small dicks an guns at the Mexican border.

Can anyone tell the price of gas? How much would you need yearly for a comfortble lifestyle?

Don't cross the border.... this is called "entering without inspection" and means you can never become a PR/citizen.

Price of gas is approx $3 and change per USD. "Comfortable lifestyle" means different things to different people. However, one of you might have to work to get health insurance cover, even if you are "comfortable" now.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:59 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me the price of gas? How much would you need yearly for a comfortable lifestyle?

Aren't them all!

Welcome to BE lovely Scot
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL Monty Python indeed.

Cost of living varies wildly from place to place here. Arkansas is fairly inexpensive - a lot of folks from Chicago have retired to Mountain Home, hence why I was aware of that area.

Realtor.com is good for looking at house prices - pick an area you're interested in, and search and see the prices come up.

Search for the type of car you might want - you should be able to see basic prices online.

Gas would be similar everywhere, but some counties tax it more.

How much do you need? Really hard to answer I'm afraid...
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:12 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Don't cross the border.... this is called "entering without inspection" and means you can never become a PR/citizen.
Are you attempting to prove the sterotype about Americans and Irony? It was a joke, I swear! I really don't recommend doing ANYTHING to piss off the Immigration Dudes.

Also, don't accuse men with big guns of having small penises. Just whisper it to all their friends behind their backs.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:15 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Search for the type of car you might want - you should be able to see basic prices online.
Arkansas mean trucks .....
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:20 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Arkansas mean trucks .....
Would you say he should take shooting lessons before or after moving?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, don't accuse men with big guns of having small penises. Just whisper it to all their friends behind their backs.[/QUOTE]

Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Would you say he should take shooting lessons before or after moving?
I think you need a few months after for training ...
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:42 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Arkansas - if you want to totally avoid UK culture and immerse yourself in an American way of living, well, you probably couldn't do much better. Its excruciatingly Southern, slightly milder in climate than the surface of the Sun but the people are very friendly (if they will understand you) and the Summer thunderstorms are incredible.

If you want nature - you got it. Uncomplicated friendly people - you got that too. Toothless hicks straight out of Deliverance - Hayupp!

Its places like Arkansas which are perfect for a Brit who wants nothing ever to do with the UK again. If it sank into the sea, it'd make news in Arkansas. Possibly.
But did I mention the locals are really friendly?

Bon Chance.