Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Heading to US Embassy next week

Heading to US Embassy next week

Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heading to US Embassy next week

Still got to get photos and fill in DS160's but think everything else is in order. I was really surprised when we got the L-1A petition approval. After reading on here for months I had convinced myself we would get an RFE on day 14. we will be moving in July.

Had a bit of a panic this morning when I realised about extra jabs needed for the kids to start school so they will love me as they are booked for Friday...

After months of thinking it probably wasn't going to happen, and not being able to tell people, the enormity of the situation is setting in.

OH is still reading the worst into everything and expecting more delays. Think he is in even more denial than me.

Just need to keep my mouth closed at the interview. I am a bit of a waffler known to go off on tangents and I know that is to be avoided...

Any last minute advice?
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Emmas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heading to US Embassy next week

Good luck with your appointment

I hope it all goes well, be sure to let us know how you get on!

Haha, yes, try not to waffle just answer questions simply and have any paperwork ready to hand to give to them should they ask. As long as you're prepared, you will be fine.

Em x
Old Apr 30th 2012, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

roberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We were in the same position, I was convinced there would be delays, RFE's etc. We went with standard processing on the advice of the lawyers. The petition was approved in 8 days. The embassy gave us an appointment in 2 days and we flew 7.5 weeks after getting the formal transfer offer. This was on an L1b.

Now we have been here 3.5 weeks, moved into our rental home a week ago, the kids started school today. It's been a whirlwind few months.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I still didn't really believe it was happening until I actually set foot landside at Los Angeles airport. Just make sure you (or your OH) knows the salient facts in the petition for the interview!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Woohoo! All the best for the interview

We moved over last September on H visa's, my kids are still having immunisations as some have to be spread apart.... thankfully the school were happy as long as they have started them, thank god as I don't think I could have coped with them being at home for the last 7 months!!!!
Old May 11th 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice. I managed to keep my mouth shut. We were in and out in 2 hours. Half an hour wait till 5 mins at first window (there are 5 of us) then a wait for just over an hour before my husband got asked 3 questions and me none. We didn't have to show any additional documentation we had taken along. I just had to pay a fee of $105 and pay for DX secure couriers.
All approved.
I can sleep better tonight.

Thanks to reading loads of posts and advice from here it went a smoothly as possible. Need to look into getting shares in Goulds, they have a good setup there!!

Got home and took my kids to get their jabs. We had to delay a week as I nipped over to look at houses last minute last weekend. Haven't told them they will need another set in 28 days...

Last edited by mum 2 3; May 11th 2012 at 3:59 pm. Reason: forgot something