Wikiposts

He got Packet 3!

Old Oct 25th 2003, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Hansey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default He got Packet 3!

After much stressing over whether or not the NVC had received our file ( http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=185562 ), I finally managed to get through to a person at the NVC on Wednesday. I had been trying for days, at various times throughout the day, trying more around opening and closing time, since I supposedly would have a better chance of getting through at those times (to no avail). Well, on Wednesday I was at work.. it was just before lunchtime, and for grins I thought I'd give it a try, even though I didn't expect to get through, particularly in the middle of the day! (I'm in the same time zone as the NVC.) Imagine my surprise when I heard "Due to heavy call volume, you may have to wait two minutes for an operator..."! And sure enough, someone came on the line in probably less than two minutes and informed me that our file had been forwarded to the London Consulate on October 14th! She also told me that it could take 10-15 days for it to arrive there.

Anyway, yesterday morning I was talking to my fiance online a little bit before work. Here is a snippet of our conversation:

Him: oh, btw
Me: ?
Him: oh, nothing
Me: what?
Him: nah
Me: tell meeee
Him: you wouldn't be interested
Me: tellll mmmeeeeeeeee
Him: oh ok
Him: was just gonna say that I got all the forms and everything this morning
Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Him:

It wasn't very nice of him to tease me like that, but I forgave him pretty quickly. Like within a nanosecond.

So we're sooooo close now.. close enough that now I'm checking out airfares and things because I'm planning to go over there and go to the interview with him... hopefully we'll manage to get in at the beginning of December...

As an aside, it's strange that today is the 25th, and I still haven't received anything in the mail from the NVC saying that our file has been forwarded to the consulate, which I thought I was supposed to. I can't believe the mail would take that long, especially since I'm only about a four hour drive to where the NVC is anyway...

Anyway, I'm not sure which to be more thrilled about... the fact that the interview will be here soon, or the fact that I'll get to see him again soon!
Old Oct 25th 2003, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: He got Packet 3!

Originally posted by Hansey
After much stressing over whether or not the NVC had received our file ( http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=185562 ), I finally managed to get through to a person at the NVC on Wednesday. I had been trying for days, at various times throughout the day, trying more around opening and closing time, since I supposedly would have a better chance of getting through at those times (to no avail). Well, on Wednesday I was at work.. it was just before lunchtime, and for grins I thought I'd give it a try, even though I didn't expect to get through, particularly in the middle of the day! (I'm in the same time zone as the NVC.) Imagine my surprise when I heard "Due to heavy call volume, you may have to wait two minutes for an operator..."! And sure enough, someone came on the line in probably less than two minutes and informed me that our file had been forwarded to the London Consulate on October 14th! She also told me that it could take 10-15 days for it to arrive there.

Anyway, yesterday morning I was talking to my fiance online a little bit before work. Here is a snippet of our conversation:

Him: oh, btw
Me: ?
Him: oh, nothing
Me: what?
Him: nah
Me: tell meeee
Him: you wouldn't be interested
Me: tellll mmmeeeeeeeee
Him: oh ok
Him: was just gonna say that I got all the forms and everything this morning
Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Him:

It wasn't very nice of him to tease me like that, but I forgave him pretty quickly. Like within a nanosecond.

So we're sooooo close now.. close enough that now I'm checking out airfares and things because I'm planning to go over there and go to the interview with him... hopefully we'll manage to get in at the beginning of December...

As an aside, it's strange that today is the 25th, and I still haven't received anything in the mail from the NVC saying that our file has been forwarded to the consulate, which I thought I was supposed to. I can't believe the mail would take that long, especially since I'm only about a four hour drive to where the NVC is anyway...

Anyway, I'm not sure which to be more thrilled about... the fact that the interview will be here soon, or the fact that I'll get to see him again soon!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
1 step closer..........
Old Oct 25th 2003, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default Re: He got Packet 3!

Excellent News!

I came to the USA from England and the first thing I'll say is, tell your other half not to worry in the slightest about the medical and interview. I met some really nice people at the US Embassy in London on the day and it was nothing at all to worry about.

The Embassy in London is fantastic. If your other half hasn't already sent off packet 3, make sure you put in a Date of Travel which is sooner rather than later, even if you haven't booked flights. That way, they are more likely to schedule you an interview sooner - they actually seem to take notice of your plans Check out my timeline!

Not long now, the waiting is almost over for you both (this part anyway

Good luck!