Reload this Page >

Have Packet 3, but a dilemma...

Wikiposts

Have Packet 3, but a dilemma...

Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:13 am
Just Joined

KJC24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have Packet 3, but a dilemma...

I received Packet 3 yesterday, and am aware that I need to fill in 4 forms online, print them, and then send them as soon as possible. I also have to get a vaccination record, and I was told to go to the doctors office tomorrow with a letter to apply for it (no idea how long it will take to get the records). I already have the police report.

But... I sent away for a passport renewal on Thursday last week and it will take 2 weeks from then to get back to me.

My problem is that I am aware that one of the online forms asks for a passport number, and that I need photo ID at the medical (which I will need the passport for).

What are my options here? Should I wait for the passport before arranging the medical and filling in the forms? Will there be any problems if I wait a week or two before sending the downloaded forms?

I just really want to get everything done right now. It's like I'm holding a hot potato which is glued to my hand!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have Packet 3, but a dilemma...

Originally Posted by KJC24
What are my options here? Should I wait for the passport before arranging the medical and filling in the forms? Will there be any problems if I wait a week or two before sending the downloaded forms?
You can fill out the forms and print them now, then handwrite your passport number when it comes in. You can try booking your medical appointment now, for a date when you think you'll have your passport in hand.

You can't send the checklist back until you have everything in hand anyway, including your passport, so you'll have to wait anyway. It won't be a problem sending the checklist back in a few weeks, once you have your passport in hand.

Rene
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:26 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have Packet 3, but a dilemma...

Originally Posted by KJC24
I received Packet 3 yesterday, and am aware that I need to fill in 4 forms online, print them, and then send them as soon as possible. I also have to get a vaccination record, and I was told to go to the doctors office tomorrow with a letter to apply for it (no idea how long it will take to get the records). I already have the police report.

But... I sent away for a passport renewal on Thursday last week and it will take 2 weeks from then to get back to me.

My problem is that I am aware that one of the online forms asks for a passport number, and that I need photo ID at the medical (which I will need the passport for).

I just really want to get everything done right now. It's like I'm holding a hot potato which is glued to my hand!

If you're in a rush to get there, I'd put my old passport number in the box. Then take it and your new passport to the interview and tell them you've just got a new passport.

For the docs, why not call them and ask if a drivers license/student id/Tesco Savers Card/etc will do instead. Find something official with a photo on it.