Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HAVE INTERVIEW DATE -- question

Wikiposts

HAVE INTERVIEW DATE -- question

Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light
Default HAVE INTERVIEW DATE -- question

Today I heard from my congressman's office that Pete's London interview will be on Jan. 9th at 9am. He wants to make sure he's got everything ready and in order - question is, I am his sponsor and there is also a co-sponsor.

Q. Our lawyer already included all the papers regarding the co-sponsor in the packet that was sent to the VSC. Those papers would now be in London.
Does Pete have to take his copies of all those papers to London or can he just take the abridged version of the Affidavit of Support?

Also,any ideas on how to be perfectly organized for the interview?

Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAVE INTERVIEW DATE -- question

Originally Posted by newenglander
Today I heard from my congressman's office that Pete's London interview will be on Jan. 9th at 9am. He wants to make sure he's got everything ready and in order - question is, I am his sponsor and there is also a co-sponsor.

Q. Our lawyer already included all the papers regarding the co-sponsor in the packet that was sent to the VSC. Those papers would now be in London.
Does Pete have to take his copies of all those papers to London or can he just take the abridged version of the Affidavit of Support?

Also,any ideas on how to be perfectly organized for the interview?

Thank you in advance.
Hopefully the lawyer also included your own I-864, not just the joint sponsor's. Also hopefully those went to NVC, and not VSC.

I believe Pete needs to take a copy of everything that was submitted...i.e., the I-864 and backup documents from the sponsor, and also the I-864 and backup documents from the joint sponsor.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Normally all affidavits of support must be presented at the interview for a K-1 visa.
Your lawyer sent them in with the petition; there is no gurantee that they will have made it to the Consulate. Your Pete should take the originials with him if he still has them.

What "abridged" version of the affidavit of support? Sounds like you have a new one to me.

How to be 'perfectly' organized? Search here for "AR Club" members & read their stories.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Argh, I keep getting the K-1's mixed up today.

To the OP, forget what I said about I-864. If you're doing a K-1 visa, it's an I-134, and yes, Pete should bring the originals to the interview.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light

I've been out searching and found this on the checklist of things to take to the interview--

· : For immigrant visa applicant whose case has been processed through the National Visa Center (NVC) the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, will be sent to the Embassy by the NVC. You are not required to bring a copy of this documemt to the visa interview.

So maybe I already answered my own question (which I couldn't find before I posted, of course). Ours was processed through the NVC and sent to the Embassy so he is not required to take the entire thing to London -- apparently!
Yes, my sponsorship papers as well as the co-sponsors were sent in.

Thanks, it gets someone clearer but it's hard to be absolutely certain on everything and this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo important.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:41 am

I've been out searching and found this on the checklist of things to take to the interview--

· : For immigrant visa applicant whose case has been processed through the National Visa Center (NVC) the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, will be sent to the Embassy by the NVC. You are not required to bring a copy of this documemt to the visa interview.

So maybe I already answered my own question (which I couldn't find before I posted, of course). Ours was processed through the NVC and sent to the Embassy so he is not required to take the entire thing to London -- apparently!
But the above blurb is for an Immigrant Visa. meauxna thinks you are doing a K-1 fiance visa.

Which one is it?

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Previous posts:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=10
For the fiance visa, no originals should be sent with the I-129F petition to the US service center. Also, the I-864 isnt' used, but the I-134 is, and it's only presented at the visa interview, it is not sent in ahead of time anywhere...not with the I-129F, and not to NVC. Not that I am aware of, anyway

Thank you, Rene.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...31&postcount=9
Yes, it's the K-1. What you mention above has not been part of the problem. Our lawyer sent everything that was necessary to Vermont where it flew right though the NVC and on to the UK in a matter of a few weeks. I don't want to get bogged down in the early details because that's not the issue here. This is the way our US lawyer did it and it was fine.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:16 am

Yes, my sponsorship papers as well as the co-sponsors were sent in.

Thanks, it gets someone clearer but it's hard to be absolutely certain on everything and this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo important.
Everyone's going in circles today.

The quoted text you had is for Immigrant Visas, not K-1s.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:53 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear your congressman came through for you
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, it's for the K-1 visa. Fiance. Not immigrant. Every time I get it all straightened out I get it all confused again. So many documents. So many numbers.

He wants to know if he has to take the entire pack of papers pertaining to the co-sponsor--her tax forms, bank statements, papers that show employment -- whatever else, I don't remember.

He says he has a short form of it and that his UK solicitor told him that it was good enough to just take that, that the consulate already has all the others. All the papers were included with our original I-129 (if that's the right number!) They would have been sent to London from the NVC. I'm trying to make sure.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There is no guarantee that the US Consulate has the I-134 from you and the one from your co-sponsor. Pete should bring originals to the interview on the 9th of January. The entire complete affidavita and all supporting documentation. You do have proof that the co-sponsor is a US Citizen and/or permanent resident, right? That is how it should have been done.

PS there is no short form of the affidavit. Don't have a clue what the UK attorney is talking about.

PPS Unless the attorney views the I-134 as the short form and the I-864 as the long form.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 2nd 2008 at 1:57 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:35 pm

I agree with Rete. Pete should go to the interview with everything. All the relevent I-134's and backup documents, even if they are photocopies of anything that was sent originally with the I-129F petition.

Rene
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:10 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I agree with Rete. Pete should go to the interview with everything. All the relevent I-134's and backup documents, even if they are photocopies of anything that was sent originally with the I-129F petition.

Rene
Especially given the confusion and problems you've had with your interview date, i'd definatley take copies.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

I wrote out on the cover of a folder, exactly what the checklist wanted, then I wrote out, in order, everything that we had submitted so far. Then I collated these items, putting photocopies of all of them behined the original.

I found that at the interview I was asked for things in the order they were written on the checklist (the guy behn the glass had a similar checklist he was following!), and I found that because it was all in the same order, it was quick to whip out of the file.

But maybe that's just be being anal about these things
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
I wrote out on the cover of a folder, exactly what the checklist wanted, then I wrote out, in order, everything that we had submitted so far. Then I collated these items, putting photocopies of all of them behined the original.

I found that at the interview I was asked for things in the order they were written on the checklist (the guy behn the glass had a similar checklist he was following!), and I found that because it was all in the same order, it was quick to whip out of the file.

But maybe that's just be being anal about these things
Welcome to the AR Club(tm); your membership has been accepted.
(use 'search this forum' for details & dues!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.