Wikiposts

Have I blown it?

Old Dec 22nd 2011, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Jack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really nice
Default Have I blown it?

We (me and wife) landed in UK yesterday and had booked an appointment at the embassy for today for our L1 and L2 visa stamping. Wanted to get it done before Christmas so we could (hopefully) relax for the duration of our visit, hoping we'd have our visas to return.
We took everything with us as advised on the appointment letter and went along to our appointment feeling quietly optimistic.
We were interviewed by a female officer who asked me a few questions about my role / job. No problems there. Then she said she needed to see my original I-129 with supporting documents. This is how the conversation went......

CO : I need to see your original I-129 with the supporting documents you submitted
Me : Well ma'am, everything is there in the bundle of documents I gave you
CO : No, I need to see your original I-129 etc etc.

I didn't argue with her, knowing if they have something in front of their noses but they ask for it again, just provide the darn thing.

She then went on to say if I could get these to her by scan and email asap, the application could be turned around in 48 hours.
She kept our passports, credit card info, and courier envelope.

I'm confused. Where did I go wrong? Did I give her the wrong I-129 petiton, the renewal? Should I have given the original petition from the first year?

Feeling rather nervous now. She didn't deny us there and then and didn't give us one of those forms I've heard about regarding Administrative Processing and the like.

Don't know what to think. Does anybody?
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

maore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud of
Default Re: Have I blown it?

Originally Posted by Jack97
We (me and wife) landed in UK yesterday and had booked an appointment at the embassy for today for our L1 and L2 visa stamping. Wanted to get it done before Christmas so we could (hopefully) relax for the duration of our visit, hoping we'd have our visas to return.
We took everything with us as advised on the appointment letter and went along to our appointment feeling quietly optimistic.
We were interviewed by a female officer who asked me a few questions about my role / job. No problems there. Then she said she needed to see my original I-129 with supporting documents. This is how the conversation went......

CO : I need to see your original I-129 with the supporting documents you submitted
Me : Well ma'am, everything is there in the bundle of documents I gave you
CO : No, I need to see your original I-129 etc etc.

I didn't argue with her, knowing if they have something in front of their noses but they ask for it again, just provide the darn thing.

She then went on to say if I could get these to her by scan and email asap, the application could be turned around in 48 hours.
She kept our passports, credit card info, and courier envelope.

I'm confused. Where did I go wrong? Did I give her the wrong I-129 petiton, the renewal? Should I have given the original petition from the first year?

Feeling rather nervous now. She didn't deny us there and then and didn't give us one of those forms I've heard about regarding Administrative Processing and the like.

Don't know what to think. Does anybody?
if I were in your case (I am not) I would just subserviently provide what they requested in the sense it is just one single form they requested so you can just chill and spend the night filling it out nicely and accurately.What do you think ?
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maore
if I were in your case (I am not) I would just subserviently provide what they requested in the sense it is just one single form they requested so you can just chill and spend the night filling it out nicely and accurately.What do you think ?
I think that the OP wants to know which 129 they want, the original or the renewal.
OP, can you clarify that this is your question? Thanks
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Jack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisa67
I think that the OP wants to know which 129 they want, the original or the renewal.
OP, can you clarify that this is your question? Thanks
Yes lisa, that is my question. Thank you.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack97
Yes lisa, that is my question. Thank you.
I know that you've already given them a copy of the renewal, but if it was me then I'd send them another copy of the renewal 129 and a copy of the original. It may be overkill but at least you've covered all your bases then