Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hats off to Rete/Jim and Alvena

Wikiposts

Hats off to Rete/Jim and Alvena

Old May 5th 2002, 5:40 am
Ranjini

Default Re: Hats off to Rete/Jim and Alvena

Prejudice?? You said it my dear, not I !! Looks like I hit a nerve somewhere. Ranjini

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks Alvena. No it is not a popularity contest. If it were I would be the winner
    > of last place without exception That doesn't bother me. For I would wear the
    > ribbon with pride.
    >
    > What bothers me is people who read between the lines. They seem to fail to
    > understand that by doing so they are reading fiction for it was not written by the
    > author but by their own thoughts and perhaps perjudices or what they perceive to be
    > the prejudices of others. Like putting words in some else's mouth.
    >
    > To those with thank yous, I say your welcome. Only trying to give back what I
    > was given.
    >
    > Rete
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 5th 2002, 6:10 am
Dabear?

Oh god yes, I wish there was some type of trophy that we can give them

Jewel wrote:

> I just want to put a post up here, and I am sure that there are many who will agree
    > with me whole heartedly. I think that both Rete/Jim and Alvena do one heck of a
    > great job in helping people on this NG. As I am going through the I-485 process, I
    > check regularly just for information and different situations that people are
    > experiencing while dealing with all the masses of paperwork and forms. I
    > continually see both Rete/Jim and Alvena lending a helping hand of information,
    > which no doubt has helped me and many others. I just want to send a special thanks
    > to you all for your ongoing help and advice, which is always consistent and to the
    > point. Where would we all be without you great people. Thanks a million )))))
    >
    > Jewel
    >
    > TEST Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
    > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.351 / Virus Database: 197 - Release Date:
    > 4/19/2002

Old May 5th 2002, 12:40 pm
Ranjini

But on a more serious note, prejudice is not a nice word. The word I'm looking for is
more like misconception. I don't think I need to elaborate more. I think we both know
what I'm talking about. My intention was to let you know in a previous thread that
there are many nationalities that form the fabric of this forum, and that one needs
to be a little more sensitive when referring to a particular country, race or ethnic
group by name. And what you say. This is common courtesy. Ranjini

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Thanks Alvena. No it is not a popularity contest. If it were I would be the winner
    > of last place without exception That doesn't bother me. For I would wear the
    > ribbon with pride.
    >
    > What bothers me is people who read between the lines. They seem to fail to
    > understand that by doing so they are reading fiction for it was not written by the
    > author but by their own thoughts and perhaps perjudices or what they perceive to be
    > the prejudices of others. Like putting words in some else's mouth.
    >
    > To those with thank yous, I say your welcome. Only trying to give back what I
    > was given.
    >
    > Rete
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 5th 2002, 2:43 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

Without all the peoples help on the board i wouldnt have got this far.

Thanks alot guys and gals
Old May 5th 2002, 3:10 pm
North_to_alaska

I absolutely could not agree more! They have been totally invaluable to Dennis and
I. Rete/Jim and Alvena have been the very best and though my attendance here has
been a bit irratic for the past year or so, I cannot tell you what a great feeling
it is in my heart to find that they are still here helping. Dennis and I are about
to file our I-751 forms great fun durring a murder trial, and moving to Texas!
Sheesh! I THANK GOD FOR YOU!!! And to all of you who offer support, information and
ideas. You're the best!

Joy

Joy (once upon a time from Canada) & Dennis (thawing out in Alaska)

Old May 5th 2002, 4:40 pm
Hyacinthus

Agree!

They don't have the obligation to help us. Besides the three you mentioned here, many
people in this news group are also willing to help. They are all warm-hearted people.
The feeling is so nice that every time you've got a question that makes you worry,
you know there are people in the news group that are willing to help. You are never
alone in the tough process.

I don't know how to express my sincere appreciation of their efforts, especially
to Alvena.

All I have to say is : Thanks so much.

"Jewel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I just want to put a post up here, and I am sure that there are many who will agree
    > with me whole heartedly. I think that both Rete/Jim and Alvena do one heck of a
    > great job in
helping
    > people on this NG. As I am going through the I-485 process, I check regularly just
    > for information and different situations that people are experiencing while dealing
    > with all the masses of paperwork and forms. I continually see both Rete/Jim and
    > Alvena lending a helping hand of information, which no doubt has helped me and many
    > others. I just want to send a special thanks to you all for your ongoing help and
    > advice, which
is
    > always consistent and to the point. Where would we all be without you
great
    > people. Thanks a million )))))
    >
    >
    > Jewel
    >
    >
    > TEST Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
    > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.351 / Virus Database: 197 - Release Date:
    > 4/19/2002

Old May 6th 2002, 5:10 am
Dave And Emily

Just had to throw in my two penn'orth/my two cents (!) - I totally agree with
everything that's been said. Alvena, Rita and Andy have been no end of help.

You are wonderful!

Dave and Emily.

Old May 7th 2002, 1:10 pm
Squidburger2

I wish that Alvena, Rete, and Michael Udall were put in charge of the INS "Services"
department! Here we've got some obviously dedicated folks who help the untold masses
for NO financial gain! Amazing!

Seriously, you guys should apply if they advertise for positions. You know
exactly what can be improved, where the loopholes fall, and what Customer Service
really means.

My 2 cents. and many many thanks

Squidburger