Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hats off to Rete/Jim and Alvena

Wikiposts

Hats off to Rete/Jim and Alvena

Old May 4th 2002, 3:10 pm
Jewel

Default Hats off to Rete/Jim and Alvena

I just want to put a post up here, and I am sure that there are many who will agree
with me whole heartedly. I think that both Rete/Jim and Alvena do one heck of a great
job in helping people on this NG. As I am going through the I-485 process, I check
regularly just for information and different situations that people are experiencing
while dealing with all the masses of paperwork and forms. I continually see both
Rete/Jim and Alvena lending a helping hand of information, which no doubt has helped
me and many others. I just want to send a special thanks to you all for your ongoing
help and advice, which is always consistent and to the point. Where would we all be
without you great people. Thanks a million )))))

Jewel

TEST Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.351 / Virus Database: 197 - Release
Date: 4/19/2002

Old May 4th 2002, 8:10 pm
Rogerpenycate

Default Re: Hats off to Rete/Jim and Alvena

"Jewel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just want to put a post up here, and I am sure that there are many who will agree
    > with me whole heartedly. I think that both Rete/Jim and Alvena do one heck of a
    > great job in helping people on this NG. As I am going through the I-485 process, I
    > check regularly just for information and different situations that people are
    > experiencing while dealing with all the masses of paperwork and forms. I
    > continually see both Rete/Jim and Alvena lending a helping hand of information,
    > which no doubt has helped me and many others. I just want to send a special thanks
    > to you all for your ongoing help and advice, which is always consistent and to the
    > point. Where would we all be without you great people. Thanks a million )))))
    >
    >
    > Jewel
    >
    >HEAR HEAR, I would have been totally confused about the whole process
but for these and other pro-bono lawyers on a couple of other sites. They must
be very dedicated people because in the long run they must "do themselves out
of business"
    > TEST Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
    > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.351 / Virus Database: 197 - Release Date:
    > 4/19/2002

Old May 4th 2002, 11:10 pm
Grinch

Jewel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I just want to put a post up here, and I am sure that there are many who will agree
    > with me whole heartedly. I think that both Rete/Jim and Alvena do one heck of a
    > great job in
helping
    > people on this NG.

Agreed although I think Rita is a bit of a bitch

Grinch

Old May 4th 2002, 11:10 pm
Alvena Ferreira

ROGERPENYCATE wrote:
    > >HEAR HEAR, I would have been totally confused about the whole process
    > but for these and other pro-bono lawyers on a couple of other sites. They must be
    > very dedicated people because in the long run they must "do themselves out of
    > business"
    > > TEST
Just for the record: I am not a lawyer, I am a registered nurse. I do not have an
immigration business, and my posting here does nothing to affect my income, which is
working as a case manager for insurance companies. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org

Old May 5th 2002, 12:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Just for the record I'm a bit of bitch.

Rete a/k/a Rita a/k/a The Btch
Old May 5th 2002, 1:10 am
Synchro1212

Here is to Rete, Alvena, and Jim, and Andy.....I feel like all of them have been very
helpful. I also think that everyone tries to do their best giving info when it is
helpful. It is good to know that there are people out there that care and want to
help others get through this ordeal. If it were not for so many good people, I think
alot of us would be a wreck by the end of all of this, including me. However, I am
close to the edge right now. Hehe.... Thanks again. Holly

Ranjini

Yeah !! But she is can be very sweetly reasonable when dealing with other Can/Am
couples though!! Rita, Rita!! She somehow lacks the class of the great lady of our
newsgroup, Alvena. Alvena, I've said this before and I say it again. You are one
great lady!! Ranjini

"Grinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > Jewel <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I just want to put a post up here, and I am sure that there are many who will
    > > agree with me whole heartedly. I think that both Rete/Jim and Alvena do one heck
    > > of a great job in
    > helping
    > > people on this NG.
    >
    > Agreed although I think Rita is a bit of a bitch
    >
    > Grinch

Jeffrey Scharpf

"> Just for the record:
    > I am not a lawyer, I am a registered nurse. I do not have an immigration business,
    > and my posting here does nothing to affect my income, which is working as a case
    > manager for insurance companies. Alvena

yeah, but you're still great, so there!

Thanks to all of you!

Jeff

Old May 5th 2002, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

BestGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Just joining the chorus. Rete, Alvena, Andy, et al have been great sources of information. Don't know how we would have survived this far without this board.
Old May 5th 2002, 2:40 am
Alvena Ferreira

Ranjini wrote:
    > Yeah !! But she is can be very sweetly reasonable when dealing with other Can/Am
    > couples though!! Rita, Rita!! She somehow lacks the class of the great lady of our
    > newsgroup, Alvena. Alvena, I've said this before and I say it again. You are one
    > great lady!! Ranjini
    >
Let's not get into a rating contest, **please**. Everyone has good things to post in
the newsgroup. Everyone has a different style about them. That is part of being
human. From the Grinch's sardonic comments, to Rete's sometimes pithy ones, to my
hand-holding bleeding heart posts, we all do our share.

Rete is a NY-er, and you have to know the people to understand where she is coming
from. They don't take no crap off nobody...never. It's how they survive. I live
down here in boondocks heaven where everybody wears his emotions on his sleeve, and
you never say anything bad to anyone, even when you are thinking it. Our
geographical locations alone account for a fair amount of difference in our
attitudes, let me assure you. But Rete gives some wonderful opinions, and her
working for a law firm gives her one-up on knowing about matters of law. She should
get extra credit for that.

The beauty of the group is that you get many opinions from several people, and that
alone gives most people an advantage they would never have otherwise. Count
yourselves lucky to have someone to talk to, Arnaldo and I did not have this luxury.
It is very hard to do this on your own, without some coaching. But not all coaches
use the same method, do they? But may get equally good results!

Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org

Old May 5th 2002, 3:10 am
Jeffrey Scharpf

LOL i like you already

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Just for the record I'm a bit of bitch.
    >
    > Rete a/k/a Rita a/k/a The Btch
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 5th 2002, 3:10 am
Ranjini

<<and you never say anything bad to anyone, even when you are thinking it>> That's
the hard part. It's being able to read between the lines. Ranjini

"Alvena Ferreira" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Ranjini wrote:
    > > Yeah !! But she is can be very sweetly reasonable when dealing with
other
    > > Can/Am couples though!! Rita, Rita!! She somehow lacks the class of the great
    > > lady of our newsgroup, Alvena. Alvena, I've said this before and I
say
    > > it again. You are one great lady!! Ranjini
    > >
    > Let's not get into a rating contest, **please**. Everyone has good things to post
    > in the newsgroup. Everyone has a different style about them. That is part of being
    > human. From the Grinch's sardonic comments, to Rete's sometimes pithy ones, to my
    > hand-holding bleeding heart posts, we all do our share.
    >
    > Rete is a NY-er, and you have to know the people to understand where she is coming
    > from. They don't take no crap off nobody...never. It's how they survive. I live
    > down here in boondocks heaven where everybody wears his emotions on his sleeve, and
    > you never say anything bad to anyone, even when you are thinking it. Our
    > geographical locations alone account for a fair amount of difference in our
    > attitudes, let me assure you. But Rete gives some wonderful opinions, and her
    > working for a law firm gives her one-up on knowing about matters of law. She should
    > get extra credit for that.
    >
    > The beauty of the group is that you get many opinions from several people, and that
    > alone gives most people an advantage they would never have otherwise. Count
    > yourselves lucky to have someone to talk to, Arnaldo and I did not have this
    > luxury. It is very hard to do this on your own, without some coaching. But not all
    > coaches use the same method, do they? But may get equally good results!
    >
    > Alvena

> Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > =========================================
    > I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
    > gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
    > discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
    > attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
    > =========================================

Old May 5th 2002, 3:44 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Alvena. No it is not a popularity contest. If it were I would be the winner of last place without exception ;-) That doesn't bother me. For I would wear the ribbon with pride.

What bothers me is people who read between the lines. They seem to fail to understand that by doing so they are reading fiction for it was not written by the author but by their own thoughts and perhaps perjudices or what they perceive to be the prejudices of others. Like putting words in some else's mouth.

To those with thank yous, I say your welcome. Only trying to give back what I was given.

Rete
Old May 5th 2002, 4:10 am
Mrs_blackross

only a "bit"?

>

Old May 5th 2002, 5:40 am
Betastar

On Sun, 05 May 2002 10:34:26 GMT, "Grinch" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Agreed although I think Rita is a bit of a bitch

IAWG - Still one of my all-time favorite posts: (Made by Rete of course)

ARE YOU A BITCH? Some friends were sitting at the bar talking about their
professions.

The first guy says "I'm a Y.U.P.P.I.E, you know... Young, Urban, Professional,
Peaceful, Intelligent, Ecologist

"The second guy says "I'm a D.I.N.K, you know.... Double Income, No Kids.

"The third guy says, "I'm a R.U.B., you know... Rich, Urban, Biker.

They turn to the woman and ask her, "What are you?

"She replies: "I'm a WIFE, you know.... Wash, Iron, F**k, Etc.

A second gal answers their question before they even ask it: "BITCH."

"What exactly is a BITCH?!?", they ask in unison.

She replies.........

"Babe In Total Control of Herself."

So ladies, next time somebody calls you "Bitch"-SMILE...and say "Thank You!!"

MAKE A WOMAN HAPPY! PASS THIS ONE ON TO AS MANY WOMEN YOU KNOW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.