Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been visited by INS at home?

Has anyone been visited by INS at home?

Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Sara Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone been visited by INS at home?

Has anyone who filed a family-based AOS application been visited by the INS at home? I didn't think it happened, but I read about it today in the Daily News, New York, where seven immigration officers went to a couple's residence at 5 am. It's annoying to be woken up like that!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:45 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone been visited by INS at home?

Originally Posted by Sara Jones
Has anyone who filed a family-based AOS application been visited by the INS at home? I didn't think it happened, but I read about it today in the Daily News, New York, where seven immigration officers went to a couple's residence at 5 am. It's annoying to be woken up like that!!
Hi:

Yes, it can and does happen. The investigatory report describes them as "unscheduled early-morning interview" -- I kid you not.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:35 pm

Folinskyinla wrote:

>>Has anyone who filed a family-based AOS application been visited by
    >>the INS at home? I didn't think it happened, but I read about it today
    >>in the Daily News, New York, where seven immigration officers went to
    >>a couple's residence at 5 am. It's annoying to be woken up like that!!
    >
    >
    > Hi:
    >
    > Yes, it can and does happen. The investigatory report describes them as
    > "unscheduled early-morning interview" -- I kid you not.
    >

I doubt this 5AM visit by 5 immigration officers was because someone
JUST filed a family based AOS application.

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:37 am
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

LoL, yeah that's funny when you read about it happening to someone else, but if it were to happen to me I'd be far from impressed. Do you think you need to invite them in and offer them some coffee?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:46 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

It's annoying to be woken up like that!!
LOL! I'd start setting my alarm clock a bit earlier if I was you!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about

I'd love it if they did that. One look at me gathering my husband's pile of dirty socks off the floor and they'd approve us pronto.

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

lovenlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grouchy
I'd love it if they did that. One look at me gathering my husband's pile of dirty socks off the floor and they'd approve us pronto.

I'd already be on my way to work, the 2 hour commute each way is a killer.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:41 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

5am?? Eeeek!! Well, I guess it would be ONE way to prove that hubby and I sleep in the same bed. *L*
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:43 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grouchy
Hi:

LOL! Why would you consider evidence of the depths you will go to deceive the government as evidence that will lead to an approval??
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:14 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

LOL! Why would you consider evidence of the depths you will go to deceive the government as evidence that will lead to an approval??
LOL! Bent over her hubby's dirty socks at 5am every morning just in case USCIS pay them a visit. She's either genuinely married or stark staring bonkers. The latter would be simple enough to deduce once she started sniffing around and barking in reply to their questions.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about

No barking, but with newborn waking me up at 5 am and hubby leaving for work at 5:45, I do occasionally feel like a few growls.

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
LOL! Bent over her hubby's dirty socks at 5am every morning just in case USCIS pay them a visit. She's either genuinely married or stark staring bonkers. The latter would be simple enough to deduce once she started sniffing around and barking in reply to their questions.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

scatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud of

Yes it can happen

But in our case it was mid afternoon.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scatty
Yes it can happen

But in our case it was mid afternoon.

So they came to your house?
Do tell the story!