Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Had my medical today in London (Knightsbridge)

Had my medical today in London (Knightsbridge)

Old May 18th 2017, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Had my medical today in London (Knightsbridge)

And after all my stressing about me having a few panic attacks back in 2008 following a car accident, as some of you suggested I had nothing to worry about.

So this is what happened, we arrived (My Husband came with me) about 30 minutes early, they told me to take a seat and come back 5 minutes before my appointment time, they had a waiting room. (It was a comfortable room with lovely period features for anyone that likes buildings with character)
I was given a cup for a urine sample, pretty self explanatory but I supplied the sample and gave it to reception.

5 minutes before my scheduled appointment, I returned to the reception. I handed all of my documents in (including the letter just in case from my Dr explaining I do not suffer with anxiety it was just following the accident) they took my passport and gave me a more detailed questionnaire to complete. Once that was done, handed all of that back to reception and within 5 minutes was called to have my X Ray done.
Went into a room and was given a gown and was instructed to pop behind the screen, remove my bra and top and my necklace. X-ray was pretty straight forward. I did notice one side of my lungs looked cloudy but he said "all looks fine to me" who am I to know any different, if the man says it's Ok, that's enough for me. Once done I was asked to put my bra back on and sit in another waiting room for the Dr or Nurse to call. Waited about 5 more minutes and then I was called by the Dr. He was a lovely guy and we chatted that his wife is from LA and he lived in N.Y. previously, as I had so we had a conversation about that. He did look at my medical summary and asked about the anxiety that was listed in 2008 so I am glad I had the letter from the Dr but he just asked if I had ever been suicidal, which the answer was "No" and that was the end of the questions on that. He asked me to pop up on the bed where he looked in my mouth nose, eyes, checked my lymph nodes, checked my reflexes on my knees. Felt my tummy, listened to my chest and asked me to breath in a few times. He then took my blood pressure and took a blood test (I think just 1 tube) He then said "Thank you, lovely to meet you and good luck back in the States"

I then got dressed and was instructed to head back to the waiting room and wait for the nurse who ho does the vaccinations to come and get me. After another 10 minutes the receptionist called me to the window and said that all my vaccinations were up to date and she gave me a copy of all my documents back with a copy of my shot record they had filled in she said a copy will be sent to the embassy the other one is my copy. My passport was returned to me and I paid the £290 fee.

Then we went and did some shopping on Oxford street and on the way home got delayed an hour and a half on a packed train! Long day I'm exhausted but we are 1 step closer!

Thanks all for your advice as always.

Kelly

Last edited by elizabethsmum; May 18th 2017 at 12:59 am.
Old May 18th 2017, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had my medical today in London (Knightsbridge)

That's great to hear!

Won't be long now until you're here in NC!
Old May 18th 2017, 1:55 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum
He did look at my medical summary and asked about the anxiety that was listed in 2008 so I am glad I had the letter from the Dr but he just asked if I had ever been suicidal, which the answer was "No" and that was the end of the questions on that. ....
I hope you weren't surprised!
Thanks all for your advice as always.

Kelly
You're welcome. Congratulations on completing another step.
Old May 18th 2017, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
That's great to hear!

Won't be long now until you're here in NC!

Thanks Tom, can not wait, I'm looking forward to getting some sunshine, it rained the whole day today :-(
Old May 18th 2017, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I hope you weren't surprised!

You're welcome. Congratulations on completing another step.
I did say that I have two teenagers that push me to the edge sometimes LOL, he knew I was kidding. It was all pretty straightforward and easy.

Now I just have to get the interview sorted and then come and experience all the terrible drivers in NC!
Old May 18th 2017, 2:12 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tom, can not wait, I'm looking forward to getting some sunshine, it rained the whole day today :-(
You haven't seen rain until you've seen rain in NC.

Wait until you see the first tropical storm run up the coast. You will see more rain in 24 hours as a tropical storm passes than you'd see in three months in the UK!
Old May 18th 2017, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You haven't seen rain until you've seen rain in NC.

Wait until you see the first tropical storm run up the coast. You will see more rain in 24 hours as a tropical storm passes than you'd see in three months in the UK!
On the flipside I'm thankful to have a casual dress code at work. I take it quite literally... Shorts and flip flop weather.
Old May 18th 2017, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

I love a good storm, my daughter on the other hand is terrified of thunder and lightning, I've told her that we are going to be in an area where she needs to get over her fears pretty quick! :-) She has asked her Grandma if they can build a tornado shed in the back yard LOL!
Old May 18th 2017, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
On the flipside I'm thankful to have a casual dress code at work. I take it quite literally... Shorts and flip flop weather.

Nice!!! What do you do for work Tom?
Old May 18th 2017, 3:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your successful medical. Isn't it great having one more thing out of the way? When is your appointment at the Embassy scheduled?
Old May 18th 2017, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations on your successful medical. Isn't it great having one more thing out of the way? When is your appointment at the Embassy scheduled?

It really is :-) We don't have the date yet but fingers crossed we will have it any day :-)
Old May 18th 2017, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it all went to plan and was not as scary as maybe you thought. Thanks for the detailed description of your visit; my wife will be glad that there was no intimate examination.
Old May 18th 2017, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute

Great!! Thanks for the comprehensive summary, it's much appreciated.
Old May 18th 2017, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice!!! What do you do for work Tom?
I work in the software industry.
Old May 18th 2017, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyMan74
Glad it all went to plan and was not as scary as maybe you thought. Thanks for the detailed description of your visit; my wife will be glad that there was no intimate examination.
I am REALLY glad about this also lol