Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Had My Interview Today In Belfast!

Had My Interview Today In Belfast!

Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

AD23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Had My Interview Today In Belfast!

My interview was for 10:30 but I got there at about 8:30. I queued outside for about 10 - 15 mins and then went through security. I waited in the waiting room for about 15 mins before being called to a window to give in my documents. Five mins after that I was recalled to the window to have my finger scan, I have really bad eczema on one of my fingers but the lady at the window was very understanding. Half an hour later I was called for the interview. As I walked in the man had my police certificate in his hand and then asked me what happend (i had been cautioned for harrassment 2 months ago)....I explained and then he asked me the purpose of the trip (tourisim) he then said that he was issuing me with a 10 year visa and it would be with me next week!!! I couldn't believe it, I must have thanked him ten times! (I had loads of other documents with me such as proof of finance and ties to the county but I didn't even need to use them at all)

I can't emphasise enough how nice everybody was, even security, who joked with me that as I had eaten a bag of crisps in the waiting room that they were taking away my visa! I couldn't believe I was seen so early.

In closing thank you for all of your advice in my previous topic, I am so happy I followed it. Now I am going to sleep as I am nakered.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had My Interview Today In Belfast!

Originally Posted by AD23
... he then said that he was issuing me with a 10 year visa and it would be with me next week!
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

NotworkSte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Had My Interview Today In Belfast!

I have a colleague who just got his L1 (actually flew over to US yesterday) and he used Belfast for his stuff. I didn't know he could choose since he's actually Scottish. As I am from NI I was thinking I should use that for my interview rather than London, it would make the process a lot simpler for me and I can stay at parents in Ballymena. Anyway, veering off topic here slightly....

My colleague, Kevin, came back and said the whole thing was pretty effort free, the staff were laid back and friendly and totally not like the London experience.

Congratulations as well by the way.