Green cards arrived

Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Green cards arrived

just opened my post and low and behold my green card has arrived.

not been in the USA a month yet and SSN and Green card both here.

now i suppose its maryland driving test next.

And my first baseball game tommorow happy days
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green cards arrived

Congratulations!!!

I took my VA test earlier this year - my neighbour's 17 yr old was a great source of tips and advice!!

One good thing with all this immigration stuff is that in some ways it makes you feel very young again!! (And of course, in many other ways, very old!!!)

Last edited by YouWantFriesWithThat; Jul 20th 2012 at 5:13 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Lucky you - my SSN never arrived and my green card arrived with dates so far from the truth (apparently my permanent residency started before I had even met my USC wife!) I had to send them back for free replacements via form I-90.

I took and passed my VA driving test last week - literally a drive round the block with no specific tests (unless you count parking in the car park!).
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Peaksy

Yep, bit of a joke really (VA test).

I nearly asked my examiner if he wanted me to take the test with a phone glued to my ear as that seems to be the norm for driving here, but thought better of it.......
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat

I nearly asked my examiner if he wanted me to take the test with a phone glued to my ear as that seems to be the norm for driving here, but thought better of it.......
Good one Made me laugh.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

hi peaksy and fries

did you have to do the 2 hour drug and alcohol awareness course.

and how much did the everything cost for the drivers test

thanks
dean h

ps im constantly trying to tell the marylanders to put there f---ing phones down when there driving.

its something i never did in england and wont do here.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:12 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

their

Regards, JEff
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
their

Regards, JEff
They're.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redarmy990
hi peaksy and fries

did you have to do the 2 hour drug and alcohol awareness course.

and how much did the everything cost for the drivers test

Nope, no drug & alcholhol course but had to do pass the theory part of the test before taking the road test. Can't remember the fee? Can't even remember if there was a fee??!!

One thing driving over here has taught me is to be more patient and more tolerant / restrained - patient having to wait for 5 minute lights and tolerant regarding the antics of other drivers.

There is a also, of course, the not insignificant issue of wanting to keep very much on the right side of the law...........

Gotta say the fact that you can just turn up and take the test, rather than having to book it months in advance like in the UK, is great.

Last edited by YouWantFriesWithThat; Jul 24th 2012 at 2:33 am.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 3:06 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that too.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by mamasue
They're.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Fee is 20$ if you pass an is valid for the duration of your green card if a 2 yr one.

You need to go in again and pay the fee all over again for a new licence before it expires providing evidence of extended residency (eg. Your 10 yr green card).

No idea what it is if you fail.

As others have said, it's the knowledge, vision and road skills test you have to do.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

just over the border here in md theres a $200 drug and alcohol awareness course to do before the computer test,then the driving test which is $45.

i know what you mean about patience, you sit at the lights for a few mins the lights change and if you wait a second the horns start pipping.

was driving on rockville pike the other day,a stretched limo was in the wrong lane at the lights. some old woman just sat there on the horn ,as she wanted to right turn. the limo driver couldnt go anywhere as his car was too long to move. so impatient round here.

im also going to produce a sign that reads GET OFF YOUR F---ING PHONE.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice

Ouch....is the drug and alcohol awareness course mandatory?

That's what I love about Virginia.....lower taxes, more personal freedoms (using cell phone in car is not illegal) and not having to pay through the nose for everything.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi
according to the website yes its mandatory for all drivers who have never held a
state licence.

i have emailed them to ask just to make sure i was reading it correctly.

i could travel around 8 mile and be in virginia which makes it even more frustrating.
if only the wife lived closer to dc

maybe thats why theres so many poor drivers over here with every states rules different.

its my new life and i accepted the terms
Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh and when i looked the course is 3 hours long arrgggghhhhhhhhh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.