Reload this Page >

green card still not arrived

green card still not arrived

Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: green card still not arrived

Originally Posted by MrsWaring
Oh thanks Chris. That is also reassuring.

Where in Wisconsin are you moving to? Hopefully in a month the foot and a half of constant snow we have had since I got here in Jan will have disappeared lol
I thought it had been fairly mild this year, I was there at Christmas and shocked that there wasn't snow until that major storm around the 22nd.

I'm going to my inlaws for the time being, which is basically greater Milwaukee, near a place called Menomonee Falls.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

We are in the south of Wisconsin, near lacrosse. I got here beg of Jan and there wasn't much snow. But by the end of Jan there was a couple of feet. A little has melted but we still have more than a foot on the ground here and forecast more over the next week. I'm personally sick of it now lol
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough

Good luck with that, I'm hoping never to have to endure another Wisconsin winter.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsWaring
Thanks Ian. That has reassured me heaps
I think you've mistaken a lower case "l" for an upper case "I".

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2013, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mrs Waring.

glad your hubby finally made it.

it can take up to 6 months for the green card to arrive,i think because i live in DC mine took 3 weeks from landing.

For my driving licence here in Maryland, i took both parts of my UK one which i assumed they would keep but they didnt,and my SSN number,proof of address and a bank statement with my name on.

AND i also had to do a driving test but thats upto each individual state.

Hope it doesnt snow much more for you.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 3:59 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I were also a bit worried because here it is, just over a month after he arrived on his CR1, and he has received no welcome letter or green card. (A friend whose husband interviewed on the same day and entered around the same time told me her husband received his green card last week... and it was wrong; it was the ten-year-card when it should have been the conditional one.) I also called USCIS and they said to expect the letter any day, and for my husband to call them if the card didn't show up by 60 days after entry. I was told that you could also check the case status on the USCIS site to see if the card production had been ordered and the card issued and sent (nothing has appeared under his MSC number yet about the card).

Incidentally he was able to get a job despite not having his green card yet by presenting his stamped visa to the HR person along with a copy of the I-9 that says it is acceptable proof.

I'm just checking to see if the information in the above thread is still current. Anyone? Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
My husband and I were also a bit worried because here it is, just over a month after he arrived on his CR1, and he has received no welcome letter or green card. (A friend whose husband interviewed on the same day and entered around the same time told me her husband received his green card last week... and it was wrong; it was the ten-year-card when it should have been the conditional one.) I also called USCIS and they said to expect the letter any day, and for my husband to call them if the card didn't show up by 60 days after entry. I was told that you could also check the case status on the USCIS site to see if the card production had been ordered and the card issued and sent (nothing has appeared under his MSC number yet about the card).

Incidentally he was able to get a job despite not having his green card yet by presenting his stamped visa to the HR person along with a copy of the I-9 that says it is acceptable proof.

I'm just checking to see if the information in the above thread is still current. Anyone? Thanks
You paid the "card production fee", right?

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:11 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You paid the "card production fee", right?

Rene
That's the 165 dollar fee, right? Yes, we did.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: green card still not arrived

That's the 165 dollar fee, right? Yes, we did.
Mine took six weeks, but that was more than a decade ago. Mine also had TWO material errors: my surname was changed to a different word by switching the first letter (like Jones would become Bones), AND they switched my nationality, ..... to Irish! I had presumed that more care would have been taken over a Federally issued photo ID just three months after 9/11, but I have since learned how foolish a presumption that was!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I had presumed that more care would have been taken over a Federally issued photo ID just three months after 9/11, but I have since learned how foolish a presumption that was!
"Good enough for government work."
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

KCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant future

We had a problem with my mother's green card. They made a mess with the address and then I could not convince them to send it again.

Here enters the U.S. system of gov. I called my congressman (even though I voted for his opponent) and told them of my problem. Less than a week later the card was found and mailed.

The dark legions of contractors used the street address of our house and the ZIP of my post office box.