Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Green card medical exam

Green card medical exam

Old Nov 30th 2018, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

dbr84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green card medical exam

Looks like I may need a copy of my UK medical history when going for the green card medical exam.

Just wondering, if I ring my GP should they be able to print this and I could then have a family member pick it up? Failing that, what happens if I am unable to get the history in time for the medical exam?

(I have copy of my vaccination record - I've read conflicting info as to whether this is enough)

Last edited by dbr84; Nov 30th 2018 at 12:18 pm. Reason: semantics
Old Nov 30th 2018, 12:41 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card medical exam

If you are having your medical in London then you need your patient summary and vaccination record. If in the USA the patient summary wasn't necessary for us, and we chose to have booster vaccinations as most of ours were out if date. If you were vaccinated against TB in the UK you will need to request the quantiferon blood test, not the skin test.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 1:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card medical exam

In July, 2018 you were leaving the US and had no intention of returning. Final tax after leaving US

I take it you have had a change of heart. Who is sponsoring your permanent residency? Your employer? Have a love interest? Got married or getting married soon?

The reason you are finding conflicting information is because there are different requirements when having the medical in the US vs the UK.

If your situation has changed and you are currently in the US on an L1A visa and are being sponsored for permanent residency. Your medical with an USCIS appointed civil surgeon is a bit different then someone going through a US Consulate for their Immigration Visa. You will not require a patient summary. A copy of your vaccination report is helpful so that you can prevent repetition unneeded vaccinations.

If you are in the UK and seeking your immigration visa, then yes, you need the patient summary.

Last edited by Rete; Nov 30th 2018 at 1:08 pm.