Green card

Old Sep 20th 2020, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Tnjim66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green card

Hi folks. I'm new to this forum, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I moved over to Tennessee to be with my wife. I made my application in February of 2019, but find myself still waiting on a reply from USCIS. Is this standard for green card applications? I've completed the I130 and also had my biometrics done. As far as I know, they've received everything they (USCIS) asked for.
Is there anything else that needs to be done to speed up the process,or do I wait patiently for them to contact me?
Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 7:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card

Hi and welcome to BE. Your post is a little confusing.

What visa did you use to move to the USA to be with your wife, and when was that?

You don't complete an I-130, your wife does. I assume she did this?

Were you inside the USA when the I-130 was filed? What else did you include with the I-130? Did you do an I-485 to adjust status to permanent resident? I-131 and I-765 for AP and EAD?

If only the I-130 was filed, then that's only the first step towards an immigrant visa, and you shouldn't have stayed in the USA.

If you filed an adjustment of status (AOS) package in Feb 2019 and had biometrics done shortly thereafter, then it's now been 19 months since then, and I'd say that's unusual. Feb 2019 was more than a year before the pandemic, so I don't think the delay is due to that.

You've been in the USA since at least Feb 2019 without working or driving? Have you tried contacting USCIS?

Can you clarify those things?

Rene
Old Sep 21st 2020, 1:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card

If you filed an adjustment of status (AOS) package in Feb 2019 and had biometrics done shortly thereafter, then it's now been 19 months since then, and I'd say that's unusual. Feb 2019 was more than a year before the pandemic, so I don't think the delay is due to that.

You've been in the USA since at least Feb 2019 without working or driving? Have you tried contacting USCIS?
I think this is what he means. I would be very concerned if I were in his shoes and would have investigated long before now!