Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

got package 4 from Embassy today!

Wikiposts

got package 4 from Embassy today!

Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

briterica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default got package 4 from Embassy today!

Hi everyone!

My package 4 came this morning, looking a bit worse for wear through the normal postal system...has anyone ever had theirs go missing in the post?
It wasnt as big as I expected, just an acknowledgment letter, with date and time of interview, 2 very short Q&A medical forms, and some directions about fees payable on the day for the medical, which is £125.00 for me. and £45.00 for my daughter who is 7, and the fee for sending your visa to you by courier the next day, which is £10.00 each. The only thing payable now is the fee for the actual visa applications, which it says can be payed at any bank, but not a post office, of £60.00 each. These come in the form of bank giro credit receipts.

I had some more good news this morning through the post also.

I had to have a letter from my daughters father stating that he hadnt seen her since birth and that he had no intentions of ever doing so...this has been very hard to get, as he moves around all over the world as a contractor..but I finally managed to get hold of his parents, who relayed my wishes to him, and the letter witnessed by his boss apparently, arrived this morning.
I was a little worried with it not being officially notorised, so I rang the Embassy helpline to check. They where very helpful and said that it would be enough as I could prove that I had sole custody of my daughter....phew! All I have to do now, is sort out where to stay in London, and get it booked!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:58 am
US resident at last :)

mstracy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: got package 4 from Embassy today!

Originally posted by briterica
Hi everyone!

My package 4 came this morning, looking a bit worse for wear through the normal postal system...has anyone ever had theirs go missing in the post?
It wasnt as big as I expected, just an acknowledgment letter, with date and time of interview, 2 very short Q&A medical forms, and some directions about fees payable on the day for the medical, which is £125.00 for me. and £45.00 for my daughter who is 7, and the fee for sending your visa to you by courier the next day, which is £10.00 each. The only thing payable now is the fee for the actual visa applications, which it says can be payed at any bank, but not a post office, of £60.00 each. These come in the form of bank giro credit receipts.

I had some more good news this morning through the post also.

I had to have a letter from my daughters father stating that he hadnt seen her since birth and that he had no intentions of ever doing so...this has been very hard to get, as he moves around all over the world as a contractor..but I finally managed to get hold of his parents, who relayed my wishes to him, and the letter witnessed by his boss apparently, arrived this morning.
I was a little worried with it not being officially notorised, so I rang the Embassy helpline to check. They where very helpful and said that it would be enough as I could prove that I had sole custody of my daughter....phew! All I have to do now, is sort out where to stay in London, and get it booked!
Congratulations on the interview date and your letter!!

When did you return your ready for interview notice?

Mark
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mstracy
Congratulations on the interview date and your letter!!

When did you return your ready for interview notice?

Mark
29th June.....waited 3 weeks then emailed them twice...
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the date....
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:38 am
Just Joined

ithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the rough

Hey Erica! Congratulations on receiving packet 4 today and the letter which im sure for you, is just as important!

In fact my Packet 4 only arrived today too, and thats after my email notification of my interview date which I got on Friday.

I guess we are both at the same stage now along with many others it seems here on this forum. Good luck you you and your daughter Erica and all those others out there with an interview looming shortly!

Take care, Ian
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Congratulations Erica on your receiving your packet 4 _and_ the letter
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ithinessex
Hey Erica! Congratulations on receiving packet 4 today and the letter which im sure for you, is just as important!

In fact my Packet 4 only arrived today too, and thats after my email notification of my interview date which I got on Friday.

I guess we are both at the same stage now along with many others it seems here on this forum. Good luck you you and your daughter Erica and all those others out there with an interview looming shortly!

Take care, Ian

Thanks Ian!

I have everything I need now...just gonna worry myself to death until the day now! I have checked and double checked my paperwork.
I have just got to book a hotel now...someone on her recommended Bryanston court hotel next to the concord, opposite the doctors surgery apparently. I have decided to go down by train, as I am scared stiff to drive around in London with my daughter.

Again, best of luck to you and all others with dates before mine, and will wait to hear how you all got on?

Erica
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by melody32
Congratulations Erica on your receiving your packet 4 _and_ the letter
Thanks Melody!........and I wish you the best of luck on the day....cant wait to hear how you get on....Erica
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:33 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have decided to go down by train, as I am scared stiff to drive around in London with my daughter.
Erica
Very wise decision. My family and I opted for the train, too. We only lived about an hour away from London, but me, my mum, and my aunt are all terrible at navigation! It was very tiring coming back on the train after the interview, but it was well worth it to not have the added pressure of getting lost or stuck in traffic. My mum and aunt also had a nice day shopping while they were waiting for me without worrying about parking!

We stayed at the Marble Arch Inn, also only a few mins from the doc's, very affordable, and very cosy too.

All the very best for your day!!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:38 pm
Tbm

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:25:50 +0000, briterica
<member26645@british_expats.com> wrote:

>It wasnt as big as I expected, just an
    >acknowledgment letter, with date and time of interview, 2 very short Q&A
    >medical forms, and some directions about fees payable on the day for the
    >medical, which is £125.00 for me. and £45.00 for my daughter who is 7,
    >and the fee for sending your visa to you by courier the next day, which
    >is £10.00 each.

You get both visas back in one envelope, so you save £10 there.

TBM

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:15 pm

29th June.....waited 3 weeks then emailed them twice...

Thanks for that. I was getting worried so I emailed them and got a date this morning, August 2nd. They said packet 4 should arrive some time this week.

Mark
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

half-pint is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that. I was getting worried so I emailed them and got a date this morning, August 2nd. They said packet 4 should arrive some time this week.

Mark
Congratulations Mark. I was wondering when you'd get your interview.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:23 pm

Originally posted by half-pint
Congratulations Mark. I was wondering when you'd get your interview.

Thanks. Me too!

Mark
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark
Hi Mark and briterica

So glad to see you at last have an interview date, Mark.....I'd been watching ...

Wishing both you and briterica easy and successful interviews!
Ann
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark
Hi Mark and briterica

So glad to see you at last have an interview date, Mark.....I'd been watching ...

Wishing both you and briterica easy and successful interviews!
Ann

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.