Wikiposts

Got my Packet 3!

Old Jun 27th 2004, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Mark Fletcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got my Packet 3!

Hi,

Got my packet 3 on Saturday! Im just in the process of filling out all the forms, and I was wondering if you folks could help me out by answering some questions.

Some info: Im a British citizen, and packet 3 was sent via the Embassy in London.

1) At this stage I only have to send:
DS-230 Part1
DS-156
DS-156K
DS-157
to the embassy, with no evidence/documents attached (I bring the evidence/documents with me to the interview)?

2) When completing D-156, D-156K do I have to attach a photo to the form, or do I just bring that along to the interview?

3) My fiancee in the USA completes the Affidavit of support and sends it to me... its only required for the interview?

Cheers,

Mark
Old Jun 27th 2004, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got my Packet 3!

Hi Mark,

First of all congratulations on your approval at the USCIS stage. Here is my view on your questions.

Yes you need to send only the documents DS-156 (2 copies), DS-156K, DS-157, DS-230 Part I to the embassy as soon as possible. No documents or evidence are to be sent in at this stage. The documents in checklist IV15 are required only at the time of interview. This list includes affidavit of support, police certificates etc...

Please remember: Do NOT sign the form DS-156. But you have to staple or glue one photo on each of the DS-156 form. You need more photos on the day of interview. It is advisable to take a good number of photographs as they will be required at various stages in the next 6 months.

If you have all the necessary documents listed in the checklist IV15, you can send in the checklist IV15 (checklist alone) to the embassy after placing a tick mark against the documents that are applicable to you, indicating the embassy that you are ready for the interview. If you are waiting for some of the documents, you can send that checklist when you get the green signal from your fiancée.

The affidavit of support I-134 is to be filled in by your fiancée (or whoever is your sponsor). You need that only at the time of your interview. You must also produce evidence for each of the statement and figure you write in the number 7 of form I-134, for example latest federal tax returns, employment verification letter, bank verification letter about deposits and balance, etc.

Good luck Mark!
Old Jun 27th 2004, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Mark Fletcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got my Packet 3!

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Hi Mark,

< Mucho Snipped - Mark >

Good luck Mark!
Hi,

Thanks for the response. A lot of those question that I posed are nobrainers, but I had an RFE earlier on in the process (I think a field on one of the forms I had to complete for the I129-F, I answered N/A rather than None), so Im just being really careful this time round on the Packet 3.

Thanks for clarifying those points for me.

Mark