Wikiposts

Got my K1 visa!!

Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got my K1 visa!!

Originally Posted by Scotlanduk
I had expected the spanish inquisition at the interview but it was very straight forward for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQI0Xm29To

Ian
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

I'm moving to Boston. Ive been a few times before and it seems a really nice city.

May I add my congratulations too. I'm an Alan too - in Central Massachusetts - and we've been into the JFK Building in Boston for all the immigration stuff that you'll have to endure and whine about: AOS, I-751, N-400 and citizenship all beckon! You'll know the in and outs of Infopass (didn't have that when I started and my first 2 Christmas Eves in the Us were spent at 0245 in the morning joining the line for the few AOS tickets they had (first occasion) and getting an EAD (after the 90 days on the first year) on the second occasion. You'll also get to know Portland Street near North Station where the fingerprinting happens....
You'll like Boston - nearest thing to a European city - you can walk and go by underground/train/public transport.
The best of luck to the pair of you. The adventure begins....
Stay on the forum and let us all know how it goes...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

After about 8 months the wait seems to be over!!

I had my interview last week on Wednesday (the 13th) at 9am, and the packet with my passport and visa arrived the next day at 11.25am!! That seemed very quick to me. The visa actually beat me back up to Scotland as I was still in London the next day, but luckily someone else was able to sign for it on arrival.

I do appreciate that all cases are different and I have been lucky with how smoothly things went, but I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly everything seemed to go at the embassy. I waited for about an hour to be seen. After the wait, everything was completed in around 30 mins and the lady who interviewed me was nice enough to tell me there and then that she had approved my visa

Anyway... just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum. I had not
posted too often, but frequently searched through old posts and found the information here a great help!!
Congratulations....
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Bsimmer3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

After about 8 months the wait seems to be over!!

I had my interview last week on Wednesday (the 13th) at 9am, and the packet with my passport and visa arrived the next day at 11.25am!! That seemed very quick to me. The visa actually beat me back up to Scotland as I was still in London the next day, but luckily someone else was able to sign for it on arrival.

I do appreciate that all cases are different and I have been lucky with how smoothly things went, but I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly everything seemed to go at the embassy. I waited for about an hour to be seen. After the wait, everything was completed in around 30 mins and the lady who interviewed me was nice enough to tell me there and then that she had approved my visa

Anyway... just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum. I had not
posted too often, but frequently searched through old posts and found the information here a great help!!

Wish mine had turned up that quick. I had interview on monday and all paper work was perfect and thought that it was gonna go through there and then but he pulled me up on one thing. My dam passport. Never had a problem with it on any trip before but one corner was starting to peel a very very small amount and they said i needed to passport to complette the aplication. Well got the new passport that day and posted of to embassy and waiting for them to send back so i can fly over to get married on 22nd march. Was very lucky that day as they had a power cut in the morning and was sending everyone home and they would send letters out to let them know new dates. Well i returned just to double check and lights were all on inside so went straight in and took a seat and was out of there within an hour.

Just be very aware of SMS couriers they use because of i have heard is bad stories about this company. They dont seem to be very good at all. They had no tracking info for where my passport was when i first sent it but embassy called me to say that they have it. Bit of a shambles company.