Wikiposts

Got my K1 visa!!

Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Scotlanduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got my K1 visa!!

After about 8 months the wait seems to be over!!

I had my interview last week on Wednesday (the 13th) at 9am, and the packet with my passport and visa arrived the next day at 11.25am!! That seemed very quick to me. The visa actually beat me back up to Scotland as I was still in London the next day, but luckily someone else was able to sign for it on arrival.

I do appreciate that all cases are different and I have been lucky with how smoothly things went, but I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly everything seemed to go at the embassy. I waited for about an hour to be seen. After the wait, everything was completed in around 30 mins and the lady who interviewed me was nice enough to tell me there and then that she had approved my visa

Anyway... just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum. I had not
posted too often, but frequently searched through old posts and found the information here a great help!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got my K1 visa!!

Originally Posted by Scotlanduk

I had my interview last week on Wednesday (the 13th) at 9am, and the packet with my passport and visa arrived the next day at 11.25am!! That seemed very quick to me. The visa actually beat me back up to Scotland as I was still in London the next day, but luckily someone else was able to sign for it on arrival.

I do appreciate that all cases are different and I have been lucky with how smoothly things went, but I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly everything seemed to go at the embassy. I waited for about an hour to be seen. After the wait, everything was completed in around 30 mins and the lady who interviewed me was nice enough to tell me there and then that she had approved my visa

posted too often, but frequently searched through old posts and found the information here a great help!!
Congratulations!

When will you be moving over then? We got our K-1, and are getting married next month.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tracym
Congratulations!

We got our K-1, and are getting married next month.

Congratulations to you too

My employers knew of my situation so I don't need to give much notice. So I'm thinking early March just now. I'm in the process of looking at flights now.

I'm just relieved it's all over.... I bet you know the feeling
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you too

My employers knew of my situation so I don't need to give much notice. So I'm thinking early March just now. I'm in the process of looking at flights now.

I'm just relieved it's all over.... I bet you know the feeling
Oh yes, I do indeed know the feeling!

I'm not sure where you're flying to, but if you want the work stamp at JFK, we got a ticket GLA to Amsterdam to JFK on KLM at a very good price.

My fiance arrives March 4th!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Oh yes, I do indeed know the feeling!

I'm not sure where you're flying to, but if you want the work stamp at JFK, we got a ticket GLA to Amsterdam to JFK on KLM at a very good price.

My fiance arrives March 4th!

I stay in Edinburgh so I'm hoping to fly out from there, although it is easy enough to get Glasgow so I'll keep that as an option.

I'm not actually sure if I need the work stamp. For the first few months I will be doing work for Lisa's dad..... so I'm guessing that as long as he knows what visa I am on, and that I'm work authorized, it shouldn't matter.

Just over a couple of weeks wait for you then!! Hopefully within the next couple of hours I will have an exact date
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I stay in Edinburgh so I'm hoping to fly out from there, although it is easy enough to get Glasgow so I'll keep that as an option.

I'm not actually sure if I need the work stamp. For the first few months I will be doing work for Lisa's dad..... so I'm guessing that as long as he knows what visa I am on, and that I'm work authorized, it shouldn't matter.

Just over a couple of weeks wait for you then!! Hopefully within the next couple of hours I will have an exact date
You're right - the stamp probably wouldn't matter for you. I'm sure you can find some reasonable flights from Edinburgh too. One of the forum members is a travel agent, and she helped us out btw.

Ah, you're in the land of the luckenbooth then - get your gal one My Keith is hunting for one, but as he's not in Edinburgh he's having a bit more of a challenge.

Where are you moving to, if you care to say?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:37 am
Just Joined

You're right - the stamp probably wouldn't matter for you. I'm sure you can find some reasonable flights from Edinburgh too. One of the forum members is a travel agent, and she helped us out btw.

Ah, you're in the land of the luckenbooth then - get your gal one My Keith is hunting for one, but as he's not in Edinburgh he's having a bit more of a challenge.

Where are you moving to, if you care to say?

I do already have a luckenbooth actually! Its been in my family for a while and I was given it to give to Lisa. I don't know Glasgow too well but if he managed to get through to Edinburgh there are plenty of places he could get one.

I'm moving to Boston. Ive been a few times before and it seems a really nice city.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I do already have a luckenbooth actually! Its been in my family for a while and I was given it to give to Lisa. I don't know Glasgow too well but if he managed to get through to Edinburgh there are plenty of places he could get one.

I'm moving to Boston. Ive been a few times before and it seems a really nice city.
Aww a family luckenbooth - that's so sweet. Hopefully Keith will figure one out - lol, he's not too much of a shopper.

A friend of mine lived in Boston for quite a while - she loved it. I hope you will enjoy it.

Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Congratulations

That makes three of us flying from Scotland in March on K-1s. I'll be flying from Aberdeen, so between us i think we've got every major airport covered

Best of luck

Alan
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lofty79
Congratulations

That makes three of us flying from Scotland in March on K-1s. I'll be flying from Aberdeen, so between us i think we've got every major airport covered

Best of luck

Alan
lol the invasion of the Scots!

Best of luck to you too Alan.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

lol the invasion of the Scots!
I'm actually a Sasannach Just don't tell the locals; i've managed to survive thus far
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lofty79
I'm actually a Sasannach Just don't tell the locals; i've managed to survive thus far
Look out for they claymores now
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Congratulations .... I hope my interview in March goes as smoothly as yours did.

What kind of questions do they ask ??? do I need to cram up on how many times we've met in person etc ????

I'll be a nervous wreck by the time the interview comes around lol
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mojofilter
Congratulations .... I hope my interview in March goes as smoothly as yours did.

What kind of questions do they ask ??? do I need to cram up on how many times we've met in person etc ????

They asked Keith how many times we'd met in person - he just laughed and said "I dunno, LOTS". They asked when he was last in the U.S.

They asked how we'd met, about his work, when we intended to get married. For Keith, it only lasted a few minutes, nothing in depth at all.

I think they're just trying to make sure your answers match your petition and documentation, basically.

Oh - Keith was told to read the biographical info from the forms, and to read both his and my statement of intent before the interview.

Last edited by Tracym; Feb 18th 2008 at 7:41 am.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mojofilter

I know how you feel!!

I had expected the spanish inquisition at the interview but it was very straight forward for me. The questions they asked were....

How did you meet?
How long did we know each other before we got engaged?
How I proposed?
What my family thought of me moving over?

That was all, it lasted 2 or 3 minutes in all.

Just prepare for a little bit of a wait before you are seen, and I'm sure you will be fine!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.