Reload this Page >

Got My Interview Today In Paris Need A I-601

Got My Interview Today In Paris Need A I-601

Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:44 am
Just Joined

essantale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got My Interview Today In Paris Need A I-601

Hi

So we were at the interview and my visa (I-130) was denied for an overstay, so now we have to fill out the I-601 and I'm so worried, the officier said that only 1 out of 10 waiver are approved? does anyone knows? Did anyone filled the waiver in Paris office? the officier said the response will take 2 to 3 months and he scared me when he said that I'm not allowed to America until 2012, so i ask him why people get approved faster in London and he said that London has an INS office and not Paris (ahhhhhh la France). Just a question what kind of supporting documents do I have to submit with the waiver? Picture,letters... can you help me we have no more money to hired a lawyer have to do it ourself.

THANK YOU ALL
Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default Re: Got My Interview Today In Paris Need A I-601

I hate to say it but this is a time when a lawyer is very important.

Good luck

Originally posted by essantale
Hi

So we were at the interview and my visa (I-130) was denied for an overstay, so now we have to fill out the I-601 and I'm so worried, the officier said that only 1 out of 10 waiver are approved? does anyone knows? Did anyone filled the waiver in Paris office? the officier said the response will take 2 to 3 months and he scared me when he said that I'm not allowed to America until 2012, so i ask him why people get approved faster in London and he said that London has an INS office and not Paris (ahhhhhh la France). Just a question what kind of supporting documents do I have to submit with the waiver? Picture,letters... can you help me we have no more money to hired a lawyer have to do it ourself.

THANK YOU ALL
Old Feb 5th 2004, 9:57 am
Mrraveltay

essantale wrote:

> Hi
    >
    > So we were at the interview and my visa (I-130) was denied for an
    > overstay, so now we have to fill out the I-601 and I'm so worried, the
    > officier said that only 1 out of 10 waiver are approved?
does anyone> knows?

I would expect the immigration officer to know, that is why he told you.
However, you should not use the results of other I-601 filers and base
your worries on this. After all, many people file I-601 for more serious
offenses than visa overstays. How long did you overstay?

Did anyone filled the waiver in Paris office? the officier said
    > the response will take 2 to 3 months and he scared me when he said that
    > I'm not allowed to America until 2012, so i ask him why people get
    > approved faster in London and he said that London has an INS office and
    > not Paris (ahhhhhh la France). Just a question what kind of supporting
    > documents do I have to submit with the waiver? Picture,letters... can
    > you help me we have no more money to hired a lawyer have to do it
    > ourself.

You need to provide information about why there would be an extreme
hardship if you were denied the visa, such as why the US citizen
couldn't live in your country.

Old Feb 5th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Lee2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

THIS IS WHAT I COLLECTED OVER THE PAST FEW MONTHS. HOWEVER, IT DOESN'T GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK, BUT I THINK IT IS A GOOD STARTING POINT. AGAIN, I THINK IT IS BETTER TO SEEK HELP FROM A LAWYER

The hardship factors relevant in evaluating whether deportation would result in extreme hardship to an applicant or to his or her qualified relative, are the following: 1) The age of the alien, both at the time of entry to the U.S. and at the time of applying for suspension 2) The age, number, and immigration status of the applicant's children and their ability to speak the native language and adjust to life in another country 3) The health condition of the alien or the alien's child, spouse, or parent, and the availability of any required medical treatment in the country to which the alien would be returned 4) The alien's ability to obtain employment in the country to which the alien would be returned 5) The length of residence in the U.S. 6) The existence of other family members who will be legally residing in the U.S. 7) The financial impact of the alien's departure 8) The impact of a disruption of educational opportunities 9) The psychological impact of the alien's deportation or removal 10) The current political and economic conditions in the country to which the alien would be returned 11) Family and other ties to the country to which the alien would be returned 12) Contributions to and ties to a community in the U.S., including the degree of integration into American society 13) Immigration history, including authorized residence in the U.S. 14) The availability of other means of adjusting to permanent resident status
Old Feb 5th 2004, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, what Lee2002 posted is most of the info I have too. You have to change the word alien to the USC spouse. I am also in the process of getting ours written and I will asure you that hiring a good attorney is very important. There are some people on this site that have gotten theirs approved w/o an attorney but it is a very complicated thing to put together. In needs to be writen and presented in a very professional way and it has to be very orginized. There are some very good posts on www.ilw.com. It is not a very friendly forum, but there are two particulat threads that are very good. One statrted by a guy named Mohan (Posted sometime in Nov. 2002) and another one by Spouse (Something about letter from the consulate). PM me if you want more info about what we are doing.
Good luck.

Last edited by Lost2003; Feb 6th 2004 at 1:57 am.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 4:49 am
Just Joined

essantale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by essantale
Hi

THANK YOU ALL

Hello,

Thank you all of you I was at the embassy again today to get some contact for immigration lawyers in Paris area but there is only 2 of them and could not reach them so I will try again monday. I have a contact with our congressman in New York and I have to call her back tonight to tell her what happened at the interview. She send them a letter but look like the officier was piss off that I call the congressman and he said that will not going to help me to have some congressman contact. But when I asked his name at the end he was not confortable anymore.

Thank you for your support I'm keeping you posted.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 7:50 am
Mrraveltay

essantale wrote:

>
    > Thank you all of you I was at the embassy again today to get some
    > contact for immigration lawyers in Paris area but there is only 2 of
    > them and could not reach them so I will try again monday. I have a
    > contact with our congressman in New York and I have to call her back
    > tonight to tell her what happened at the interview. She send them a
    > letter

Why did she send the letter before your interview? If you have an